From: Kristi on
I'm having the same problem, sans the ODBC feeds. I have a large table that has to be a table, because of the source data. It is summarized in a worksheet with approx. 65 columns and I want to be able to view it in various portions. The easiest way to do it would be with views. The only solution I've found so far is to create a separate workbook that links to the summarized worksheet. That workbook can then have customized views. What a pain, though. If you've come up with a better solution I'd love to hear it.

Mervyn Thomas wrote:

Tables and Custom views in Excel 2007
21-Dec-07

I now find that the latest version does not allow tables and custom views to
coexist. I have loads of sheets which are driven by ODBC feeds which
apparently need to be in a table which then means that all the reporting
specifications carried in custom views is no longer possible. Does anyone
know of a work around for example how to have data feeds not going into a
table but simply an area in the workbook?

On Friday, December 21, 2007 12:30 PM
Mervyn Thomas wrote:

Tables and Custom views in Excel 2007
I now find that the latest version does not allow tables and custom views to
coexist. I have loads of sheets which are driven by ODBC feeds which
apparently need to be in a table which then means that all the reporting
specifications carried in custom views is no longer possible. Does anyone
know of a work around for example how to have data feeds not going into a
table but simply an area in the workbook?

WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Records
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fc9a5bf6-f5bb-4443-a92a-c9a46fd3aeb2/wpf-gridview-sample-to-in.aspx