From: Simon on
I have queries that use set table names for them. E.g. a table called
"Data" will be used in a Query.

I import new tables each month. One of them will be called "Data". I
wish to import the table and have the Data query use the new Data
table.

How do I do this?

I thought if I delete/rename the old table prior to importing the new
one, then the query structure would be lost/the query will reference
the renamed table. If I import the new table, give it another name,
then rename the old table and give the new table the old tables name
("Data"), the query still reverts to following the old table.
From: kc-mass on
Hi Simon,

In the menu Tools\Options\General uncheck "Perform name autocorrect" and
you'll be fine.

Access thinks it's helping you by following the renamed table. You should
shut that off in all your DBs.

Regards

Kevin

From: Chris on
I would use a delete query that would empty table data. Then, you could
import new information into table data. That should keep all the querys
running.