Prev: evaluate
Next: evaluate
From: Ben on
I am trying to put together a table and want to have an auto number that
counts the recods and puts the next number in for a new record. Need a good
method to do this and to have it automatically carried down when a new record
is created.

I also have a formula that calculates interest on a principle amount.
Neither formula will come down when a new record is created.

Thanks.
From: Stan Brown on
Sun, 16 May 2010 10:58:01 -0700 from Ben
<Ben(a)discussions.microsoft.com>:

> I am trying to put together a table and want to have an auto number that
> counts the recods and puts the next number in for a new record. Need a good
> method to do this and to have it automatically carried down when a new record
> is created.
>
> I also have a formula that calculates interest on a principle amount.
> Neither formula will come down when a new record is created.

Use a data list, as opposed to a table.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
From: Ashish Mathur on
To replicate formulas to new rows added, convert the range to a Table
(Ctrl+L)

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Ben" <Ben(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to put together a table and want to have an auto number that
> counts the recods and puts the next number in for a new record. Need a
> good
> method to do this and to have it automatically carried down when a new
> record
> is created.
>
> I also have a formula that calculates interest on a principle amount.
> Neither formula will come down when a new record is created.
>
> Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: evaluate
Next: evaluate