From: SDV on
Hi,
I'm programming an ADSP-BF533 EZ-KIT Board for audio signal processing.
In main file of "Talkthrough" (by Analog Device) there's the following
declaration:

// array for registers to configure the ad1836
// names are defined in "Talkthrough.h"
volatile short sCodec1836TxRegs[CODEC_1836_REGS_LENGTH] =
{
DAC_CONTROL_1 | 0x000,
DAC_CONTROL_2 | 0x000,
DAC_VOLUME_0 | 0x3ff,
DAC_VOLUME_1 | 0x3ff,
DAC_VOLUME_2 | 0x3ff,
DAC_VOLUME_3 | 0x3ff,
DAC_VOLUME_4 | 0x3ff,
DAC_VOLUME_5 | 0x3ff,
ADC_CONTROL_1 | 0x000,
ADC_CONTROL_2 | 0x180,
ADC_CONTROL_3 | 0x000

};

where:

// names for codec registers, used for iCodec1836TxRegs[]
#define DAC_CONTROL_1 0x0000
#define DAC_CONTROL_2 0x1000
#define DAC_VOLUME_0 0x2000
#define DAC_VOLUME_1 0x3000
#define DAC_VOLUME_2 0x4000
#define DAC_VOLUME_3 0x5000
#define DAC_VOLUME_4 0x6000
#define DAC_VOLUME_5 0x7000
#define ADC_CONTROL_1 0xC000
#define ADC_CONTROL_2 0xD000
#define ADC_CONTROL_3 0xE000

Which is, in the hardware, the result of this inizialization?

Tnx to all.

From: sheffudin on
Hi,

This array sets the control registers of the AD1836 audio codec on the
evaluation board. This array is sent to the codec through SPI link...

If you need more information read up the AD1836 spec sheet.

Hope that helps...

From: SDV on
"sheffudin" <asrarrangwala(a)hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> This array sets the control registers of the AD1836 audio codec on the
> evaluation board. This array is sent to the codec through SPI link...
>
> If you need more information read up the AD1836 spec sheet.
>
> Hope that helps...

Tnx so much...I didn't aware to have only a part of AD1836 Hardware manual!

Pages: 1
Prev: ping: Jim Thompson
Next: DCT & DWT