From: Reboot on
Hi Guys!

I am facing this problem on our network and tried to Google and Bing for it
but to no joy.
Basically whenever I try to run a task Schedule I get this error message
"0x80070005 Access is denied" I have checked all the permissions I could
think and all is fine but I cannot understand why I am getting this message
since I got full administrative access to the computer. I downloaded
KB904423-x86 from TechNet but this would not apply to my service pack since I
am running XP SP3.
Can anyone please help me solve this?
Thanks

--
Boot
From: Shenan Stanley on
Reboot wrote:
> I am facing this problem on our network and tried to Google and
> Bing for it but to no joy.
> Basically whenever I try to run a task Schedule I get this error
> message "0x80070005 Access is denied" I have checked all the
> permissions I could think and all is fine but I cannot understand
> why I am getting this message since I got full administrative
> access to the computer. I downloaded KB904423-x86 from TechNet but
> this would not apply to my service pack since I am running XP SP3.
> Can anyone please help me solve this?

Have a password?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: njem on
So in the task items you have that option to either only run if you,
the person who set it up, is logged on (are you?) or to run as some
user and password. I suppose you've got that as needed? Then what is
it running? Can you run it manually with no problem. Some programs
need permission within themselves. Some backup scripts you can run
from task scheduler have a similar permssion or user password within
them. Is it something that uses a service? Does the service need to
"run as" an admin?