From: jc on
Hello,

Earlier, I posted a question about the Task Scheduler.
I received some helpful suggestions, and I was able to
successfully "Add" a new task.

However, I noticed, depending on the log on information,
that I enter (in CMyFormView), determines which
capablities are visible. In other words, if I log on with
"Domain name\User Name" the "Added" tasks performs
all of the tasks. But, if I log on with "Computer name\User name"
the pop-up window, that the program runs, does not display.
The pop-up window is only displayed, when I log on with the
"Domain name\User name".

Where do I change the settings, to allow interaction with desktop?

Environment VC++2008/MfC

TIA,
-jc
From: Pete Delgado on

"jc" <jc(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Earlier, I posted a question about the Task Scheduler.
> I received some helpful suggestions, and I was able to
> successfully "Add" a new task.
>
> However, I noticed, depending on the log on information,
> that I enter (in CMyFormView), determines which
> capablities are visible. In other words, if I log on with
> "Domain name\User Name" the "Added" tasks performs
> all of the tasks. But, if I log on with "Computer name\User name"
> the pop-up window, that the program runs, does not display.
> The pop-up window is only displayed, when I log on with the
> "Domain name\User name".
>
> Where do I change the settings, to allow interaction with desktop?
>
> Environment VC++2008/MfC

Without seeing your code, I can only guess that the problem may be that the
local account does not have the "Logon as Batch" privilege enabled or that
you have used the incorrect TASK_LOGON_TYPE such as TASK_LOGON_S4U.

-Pete

From: jc on
Hello Pete,

Thank you for replying to my posting.

To see the pop-up window display,
I had to simply, log off from the domain,
and log on locally.

Thanks again,
-jc