From: mnb951 on
Hello,
I've been unable to telnet to port 25 on the exhange 2007 server. I've tried
it on the server itself, from another workstation on the lan, and from an
outside pc.
All give the same response, 421 4.3.2 Service not available, closing
transmission channel.
I've tried looking up the error message but none of the suggestions has
worked.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
From: Christopher Smith on
Do you have any type of messaging product performing AV/AS/Firewall
that might be intercepting the SMTP connection and prematurely
refusing it?

Chris S
MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP: Messaging, CISSP

From: mnb951 on
Hello,
I've been trying to think of any changes I've made on the server.
About 2 weeks ago I installed the exchange 2007 spam filters, because of a
problem we were having with reverse ndr spam. I've uninstalled the filters,
but I can't restart the transport service until tonight.
I'll check in the morning to make sure the filters were uninstalled then
I'll try to telnet. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,

From: mnb951 on
Good Morning,
I removed the Exchange 2007 anti spam filters but still no luck.
I can't telnet to the server from any where. I've tried running telnet on
the exchange server itself, from a workstation on the lan and externally. All
give the same response.
421 4.3.2 Service not available, closing transmission channel.
I also have an exchage 2003 server on the network, I can telnet to that one
without
a problem.

Thanks,

From: mnb951 on
Hello,
I just wanted to update you. After running the command below in the PS, I
can telnet to port 25 on the exchange 2007 box, but if I try from a
workstation on the LAN or from outside I get the same error as before.

Get-ReceiveConnector “Default EXCHSRV” | Add-ADPermission -User “NT
AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON” -ExtendedRights “Ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient”

Thanks