From: Harry Potter on
On May 25, 5:23 am, Lars Haugseth <n...(a)larshaugseth.com> wrote:
> A good question, especially in this day and age where most text editors and
> IDEs used by developers already sport support for code snippets without a
> need for an external utility.

Okay, so there is no necessity for code snippets. But what about a
program that creates a template of a code file and allows you to
create a C/C++ module from the Win32 Explorer? TempCMod1/Win32 and
TempCSimplae for DOS can do that. I also plan to create an extension
for Win32 dialog box handlers.
------------------
Joseph Rose, a.k.a. Harry Potter
Working magic in the computer community...or at least striving to! :(
From: commodorejohn on
> Okay, so there is no necessity for code snippets.  But what about a
> program that creates a template of a code file and allows you to
> create a C/C++ module from the Win32 Explorer?  TempCMod1/Win32 and
> TempCSimplae for DOS can do that.  I also plan to create an extension
> for Win32 dialog box handlers.
> ------------------
> Joseph Rose, a.k.a. Harry Potter
> Working magic in the computer community...or at least striving to! :(

So...people point out that IDEs have taken over what use your program
would ever have had, and your response is to ask if they'd use it if
it had *less* functionality? Why would you *want* to create a template
C++ file from Explorer? That's something you'd use an IDE for; if
you're creating a C++ file from Explorer, it's not likely to be
something you're using a template for (putting aside the general
pointlessness of even *having* templates; it's not like the typing is
the hard part of creating an application.)

----------------
commodorejohn: working nothing in the computer
community, but being pleasantly quiet about it.
commodorejohn(a)gmail.com http://john.seikdel.net
From: xlar54 on
If I may say so...There have been some releases lately that are
extremely useful (check out payton's CBM-Command for instance). Its
all about the love of the project, not about writing code for sake of
notoriety. You won't build the "next big thing", even in a small
circuit like the CBM world, if you dont write simply for the enjoyment
of doing so. None of us here want to hinder you in your efforts, but
pick something YOU like, and make it work. Use it yourself. Open the
source code for others, and see what happens.

I've written a number of things for the CBM world, but first and
foremost did it because I enjoy it. I tend to lose interest when the
challenging parts are done, or after Ive learned all I care to learn.
The code is out there, and if Im inclined, Ill pick it up and further
it a bit. I *hope* others find it useful, but if not, oh well. I
built a wiki of commodore programming stuff from old magazine articles
a year ago, enjoyed the heck out of it, and it *still* gets hits to
this day. Appreciation comes from giving back to the community - My
gosh....look at all that DLH has done with just a computer and a
scanner and his spare time. Point is (if I havent restated it a
dozen times), enjoy whatever it is you are doing, stick with it, and
expect nothing back. Do it for _fun_.
From: sampsa on
On Jul 15, 4:31 pm, Harry Potter <maspethro...(a)aol.com> wrote:

> Okay, so there is no necessity for code snippets.  But what about a
> program that creates a template of a code file and allows you to
> create a C/C++ module from the Win32 Explorer?  TempCMod1/Win32 and
> TempCSimplae for DOS can do that.  I also plan to create an extension
> for Win32 dialog box handlers.

And this is different from just copying a template file in Explorer
how?

You've been rambling on about this pointless project for years now -
and the only people who've used it said it sucks (according to you).

Why not take up another hobby?

From: mdj on
On May 19, 4:13 am, Harry Potter <maspethro...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> I desire a second opinion.  If
> anybody out there wants to try it and comment, I'd appreciate it.

Here's my opinion: stop cross posting unrelated messages to
comp.sys.apple2