From: johnnykunst on
I ended up using this macro to force the document to save as a rtf file and therefore with no macros- works perfectly (for anyone who might find it useful:

ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=pStr, FileFormat:= _
wdFormatRTF, LockComments:=False, Password:="", AddToRecentFiles:=True, _
WritePassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, EmbedTrueTypeFonts:=False, _
SaveNativePictureFormat:=False, SaveFormsData:=False, SaveAsAOCELetter:= _
False

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.vba.general/Template-when-saved-as-a-new-document-remove-macros
From: Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com on
I think you are missing what has been said. The document does NOT have the
macros in it. The template does. True, saving as RTF means there are no
pointers back to the template macros. But a document cloned from a template
with macros, does NOT have the macros in the document. As was stated, if th
edocument is read on another computer with no access to the template iteslef,
NO macros are enabled.

--
Gerry

From: Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com on