From: KenB on
I have a pointer stored in TempVars!MyIndex
Within DLookup(.....) or DSum(.....) references to TempVars!MyIndex
work fine
but
IIf(tblField = TempVars!MyIndex,.....) does not work.
As a work-around I tried this:
Dim NewIndex as Integer
NewIndex = TempVars!MyIndex
IIf(tblField = NewIndex,.....) and found it works well.

So just what is the difference between temporary variables and numeric table
fields? ---- Ken

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Ken,

On 10.12.2009 04:23, KenB wrote:
> I have a pointer stored in TempVars!MyIndex
> Within DLookup(.....) or DSum(.....) references to TempVars!MyIndex
> work fine
> but
> IIf(tblField = TempVars!MyIndex,.....) does not work.
> As a work-around I tried this:
> Dim NewIndex as Integer
> NewIndex = TempVars!MyIndex
> IIf(tblField = NewIndex,.....) and found it works well.
>
> So just what is the difference between temporary variables and numeric table
> fields? ---- Ken
TempVars are stored and retrieved as Variant. So I assume this is the
cause of your problem here.
Use a cast like this:

IIf(tblField = CInt(TempVars!MyIndex),.....)

mfG
--> stefan <--