From: Henning on

"NadCixelsyd" <nadcixelsyd(a)aol.com> skrev i meddelandet
On Jun 7, 7:39 am, sfdavidka...(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
> NadCixelsyd <nadcixel...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> >During development, I have inadvertently written an infinite loop on
> >many occasions. I have to terminate the entire application and insert
> >breaks in various places until I find the loop.
>
> You can't just hit Ctrl-Break? Works for me.

[sarcasm on] Well, yeah, if your want the EASY way [sarcasm off]

I've been hitting break to no avail. It never occurred to me to hit
ctrl-break. Merci beaucoup and a hat-tip for the education.

-------

Break, and set the cursor to End Sub or End Function, Run to cursor, press
F8. Repeat to recurse to the offending loop. Put a brkpoint in the loop end,
F5 a few times to see if it comes back repeadetly.

/Henning

From: Dee Earley on
On 07/06/2010 17:37, Bob Butler wrote:

> "Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On 07/06/2010 14:43, NadCixelsyd wrote:
>>> I've been hitting break to no avail. It never occurred to me to hit
>>> ctrl-break. Merci beaucoup and a hat-tip for the education.
>>
>> Also note that the Stop button does the same, but requires a DoEvents
>> in the loop to process the click event.
>
> No, the Pause button is the same as ctrl-break. The Stop button is the
> same as "END" and is generally best avoided.

Oh yes, oops (it was a busy day :)
I'm aware of the evil of End.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)