From: David Mark on
On Aug 6, 10:26 pm, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2010-07-23 11:10 PM, David Mark wrote:

> >> There isn't a call operator in ECMAScript.
>
> > Oh brother.  And, in your world, what do you call it?
>
> If you weren't a perpetual jerk or if you had at least asked a smart
> question non-insulting manner, I'd probably try and guess as to what I
> think you might have meant.

If you weren't such a perpetual loser, perhaps you wouldn't have to be
corrected so often.

> But instead, you posted -- and it was pointed out -- your own made-up
> terminology to make a rather pointless comment.

I did no such thing. Your nonsensical reply demonstrates nothing but
your own ignorance.

> You followed that up
> with a loaded question[1] about "my world" (how ironic).

Not ironic at all given your history.

> And we just
> covered "my world" a day or two prior...
>
> Found it. You wrote:

Oh here we go...

> | In your own fantasy world I presume.  In reality, your response
> | demonstrated a stunning lack of comprehension.

No context, but it sounds like a reasonable response to some
nonsensical comment of yours.

> And my reply:
> | I see you've snipped what was written and replied flippantly. It
> | reflects typical behavior of David Mark.

And that was the proverbial pot calling the kettle black (as evidenced
here once again).

> And again, another typical DM reply. After a brief hiatus, I see the NG
> littered with more of the same from you.

If you have something to say about my "litter" then say it.

> Ironically, you missed the actual problem in the code I posted.

What code?

> The
> problem is that my code omitted a semicolon.

So?

> Two, actually. What is more
> ironic is that in the code guidelines document[2] goes to great length
> to explain the problem and in so doing, explains the lexical grammar
> production for what might likely be your "call operator" thing.

You are such a numb-skull.

> The production is called `Arguments`. Then again, you've not explained
> yourself; so about the best I can do is guess as to what you wanted to ask.

It was a rhetorical question.

And so, instead of calling the call operator what it is, you refer to
it as "Arguments". I'm sure that won't cause any confusion.
From: David Mark on
On Aug 8, 4:03 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 1:52 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > If you weren't such a perpetual loser, perhaps you wouldn't have to be
> > > corrected so often.

> > > I did no such thing.  Your nonsensical reply demonstrates nothing but
> > > your own ignorance.
>
> > Do you have a special version of ECMA-262 that defines a call operator,
> > or did you just not RTFM?

> > > What code?
>
> > You made a comment on code I wrote just few posts back "Please use the
> > call operator thanks".

> > > So?
>
> > So you missed the problem and made up some nonsense. Ironically, the
> > document that explains the actual problem sheds light on your irrelevant
> > nonsense.

> > > You are such a numb-skull.
>
> > No, that's you.
>
> I know you are but what am I?  :)

> > > It was a rhetorical question.
>
> > That's not how I saw it.
>
> Your reading comprehension has never been in question (it seems to be
> non-existent).
>

> > > And so, instead of calling the call operator what it is, you refer to
> > > it as "Arguments".  I'm sure that won't cause any confusion.
>
> > I refer to `Arguments` as `Arguments`; not as "call operator" -- that's
> > your made-up terminology.
>
> It is certainly not made-up terminology.
>
> > The production for `Arguments` is clearly
> > defined in ECMA-262 under 11.2 Left-Hand-Side Expressions.
>
> There's no water in Coca-Cola.  It's called H20.  :)

I suppose I better head off el nitwit by pointing out my typo. Can
you spot it?
From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-08-08 01:03 PM, David Mark wrote:
> On Aug 8, 1:52 am, Garrett Smith<dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Part of the misthinking that went into calling `Arguments` a "call
operator" is the believe that `Arguments` is an operator -- possibly
some sort of unary operator, like the delete, void, typeof, any postfix
or prefix operators, or any of the logical operators. It isn't.

Parenthesis is either `Arguments` or as Grouping Operator, depending on
the context in which it appears. When parenthesis appear to the right of
a MemeberExpression, then a CallExpression is formed. This makes
Arguments look like it is being used as an operator and it does act like
one here.

However, when parenthesis appears to the right of a NewExpression, then
it is used to pass values to the constructor function being called. The
`Arguments` doesn't cause the function to be called. In contrast, it is
the new Operator that causes the function to be called.

A related thread that explains it (for those who are not completely
incorrigable):
<http://groups.google.vu/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_thread/thread/defa46670afd31b7>

[ranting]

>> You could have stopped with "unreliable source of information regarding
>> ECMAScript," but you seem intent on destroying your reputation with
>> obvious falsehoods.
>
> You seem intent on posting childish OT nonsense. For years you
> haven't had a reputation as anything but a loon and amnesiac, who
> misquotes, misconstrues, misunderstands and ultimately makes up
> stories to deflect attention from his own ineptitude. In that regard,
> your place in history is secure.

Uh-huh. Seems you agree with me about you being a jerk.
--
Garrett
From: David Mark on
On Aug 10, 7:47 pm, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2010-08-08 01:03 PM, David Mark wrote:

> Part of the misthinking that went into calling `Arguments` a "call
> operator" is the believe that `Arguments` is an operator -- possibly
> some sort of unary operator, like the delete, void, typeof, any postfix
> or prefix operators, or any of the logical operators. It isn't.
>
> Parenthesis is either `Arguments` or as Grouping Operator, depending on
> the context in which it appears. When parenthesis appear to the right of
> a MemeberExpression, then a CallExpression is formed. This makes
> Arguments look like it is being used as an operator and it does act like
> one here.
>
> However, when parenthesis appears to the right of a NewExpression, then
> it is used to pass values to the constructor function being called. The
> `Arguments` doesn't cause the function to be called. In contrast, it is
> the new Operator that causes the function to be called.

It is well-established that the paranthesis (or call operator as it is
commonly known) is optional when using the - new - operator. Leaving
it off is bad form though (as I told you). Your subsequent,
irrelevant rant about what the specs call it is typical.

> A related thread that explains it (for those who are not completely
> incorrigable):
> <http://groups.google.vu/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_thread/thre...>

Whatever. Call me incorrigible, but I don't follow your links.

> [ranting]
>

> >> You could have stopped with "unreliable source of information regarding
> >> ECMAScript," but you seem intent on destroying your reputation with
> >> obvious falsehoods.
>
> > You seem intent on posting childish OT nonsense.  For years you
> > haven't had a reputation as anything but a loon and amnesiac, who
> > misquotes, misconstrues, misunderstands and ultimately makes up
> > stories to deflect attention from his own ineptitude.  In that regard,
> > your place in history is secure.
>
> Uh-huh. Seems you agree with me about you being a jerk.

Reading comprehension problem flaring up again? :)
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: CreateTextFile
Next: Precise printing from Javascript?