From: Peetie Wheatstraw on
ICULOADERROR is a Terradata message.

Can you independently (of sas) verify that your user-id on the unix
system is *fully* authorized for the requested Terradata resources?

Peetie

From: Paul Walker on
Ok, a bunch of people have emailed me asking for whether I found a
solution to this. From SAS tech support, I found there is a "pending" SAS
note which solves the problem. It is reproduced below. I found some UNIX
experts to help me interpret it and the solution they produced based on
this note did indeed work.

========== "Pending" SAS Note ================

When using SAS/ACCESS to Teradata on HP/UX with TTU8.1, the following
error may be encountered:

ERROR: Teradata connection: CLI2: ICULOADERROR(510): Error loading ICU
library.

The error occurs because SAS/ACCESS to Teradata has not been linked with
the Teradata ICU libraries.

To work around the problem, use the LD_PRELOAD mechanism in HP/UX by
setting the following environment variables before launching SAS:

LD_PRELOAD=libicuiotd.sl:libicuuctd.sl:libicudatatd.sl:libicui18ntd.sl:l
ibCsup.sl:libstream.sl
LD_PRELOAD_PATH=/usr/lib/pa20_64:/opt/tdicu/lib_64

Beware that LD_PRELOAD should only be set for the SAS session as it can
influence the behavior of other applications.
Alternatively, LD_PRELOAD_ONCE can be used instead. LD_PRELOAD_ONCE will
be unset autmatically by the operating system.

The LD_PRELOAD functionality is available in HP-UX patch PHSS_22478 and
later Linker patches.

To obtain the LD_PRELOAD_ONCE functionality, you need to install the HP-UX
patch (or the HP-UX patch that supersedes it) shown below:

HP-UX 11.00 systems, install HP-UX patch PHSS_28869 HP-UX 11.11 systems,
install HP-UX patch PHSS_28871