From: Colin Peters on
Hello,

I've been tasked with assessing possible candidates for automated
testing of our code. Basically we produce Active X ocx. These are built
from several statically linked libraries of business and helper
functionality. What experience do people have with testing frameworks?
Ideally I'd like to test the business functionality in the static libs
separately, and if possible the gui elements of the ocx too. It would be
nice if the testing code wasn't permanently embedded in released
modules, and I'd like to be able to automate the test runs into our
nightly build. And I'd rather not litter the production code with macros
specifically to turn on/off testing code.

I've googled a bit but not found any clear winner.

Over in c# land NUnit seems really easy to use, so I'm looking for
something similar.

Thanks
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"Colin Peters" <cpeters(a)coldmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> I've been tasked with assessing possible candidates for automated testing
> of our code.

I knew that Boost offered a library named Boost.Test.
You can find tutorials on this library starting from here:

http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/04/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-1/

You may also find WinUnit interesting:

HTH,
Giovanni

From: Colin Peters on
Giovanni Dicanio wrote:
> "Colin Peters" <cpeters(a)coldmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> I've been tasked with assessing possible candidates for automated
>> testing of our code.
>

> I knew that Boost offered a library named Boost.Test.
> You can find tutorials on this library starting from here:
>
> http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/04/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-1/
>

> You may also find WinUnit interesting:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc136757.aspx
>
> HTH,
> Giovanni

Actually, WinUnit was a very interesting article. Thanks