From: Alberto ARP on
Our factory mission is repair systems; today we are working with a
Texas Instruments microcontroller marked TMS375c717FNL or TMS375c017.
This microcontroller is used on a balance system produced by Sartorius
a.g. (Germany company).
How I can find information about a old or obsolete TI device? There is
no way?
You Know this component??
Thanks a lot
Best Regard
Alberto

From: bill.sloman on

Alberto ARP wrote:
> Our factory mission is repair systems; today we are working with a
> Texas Instruments microcontroller marked TMS375c717FNL or TMS375c017.
> This microcontroller is used on a balance system produced by Sartorius
> a.g. (Germany company).
> How I can find information about a old or obsolete TI device? There is
> no way?

You can always contact Texas Instrument Technical Support

http://www-k.ext.ti.com/sc/technical-support/product-information-centers.htm?DCMP=TIHeaderTracking&HQS=Other+OT+hdr_s_techsupp

There is a risk that the part isn't obsolete, but is rather a special
part made specifically for Satorius. You best bet would be to cotact
Satorius.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

From: Spehro Pefhany on
On 31 Jul 2006 01:09:39 -0700, the renowned "Alberto ARP"
<alberto.attanasio(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Our factory mission is repair systems; today we are working with a
>Texas Instruments microcontroller marked TMS375c717FNL or TMS375c017.
>This microcontroller is used on a balance system produced by Sartorius
>a.g. (Germany company).
>How I can find information about a old or obsolete TI device? There is
>no way?
>You Know this component??
>Thanks a lot
>Best Regard
>Alberto

Here's a bit of general information on the family:
http://www.etlweb.com/doc/spnd005.pdf

If there's actually something wrong with the micro, you're going to
have to go back to the manufacturer and buy the part from them anyhow,
since their proprietary program will have to be burned into the
on-chip EPROM (24K if it follows TI's usual numbering system). Or
cannibalize another unit etc.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
speff(a)interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com