From: WSR on
I'm creating a database of text fields. I expect some data to exceed 255
characters.

What is the maximum field size of a text field? Can I increase the text
field size?

If so I can I do that?

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

(B^>)-]=[

From: KARL DEWEY on
Use a memo field.
But remember there are limitations and using functions with a memo as you
cannot sort it. If you use Left([YourMemo], 255) you can sort that.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: WSR on
Thanks for replying to a level 100 question!

Regards,

(B^>)-]=[

"KARL DEWEY" <KARLDEWEY(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Use a memo field.
> But remember there are limitations and using functions with a memo as you
> cannot sort it. If you use Left([YourMemo], 255) you can sort that.
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "WSR" wrote:
>
>> I'm creating a database of text fields. I expect some data to exceed 255
>> characters.
>>
>> What is the maximum field size of a text field? Can I increase the text
>> field size?
>>
>> If so I can I do that?
>>
>> Your help is appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,