From: Wavequation on
I imported a tab-delimited text file, with quotation marks as the text
qualifiers. Excel removed the marks, and now I need to save the file back as
text, and put the quotation marks back in. Is there anyway I can do this?
Thanks!
From: Dave Peterson on
I'd use a helper column (say column C) with a formula in it that wraps the
fields that you need in quotes:

=""""&a1&""""&b1
and drag down.

Then select column C.
Copy it
Paste into Notepad
Save that as the .CSV file.

Or you could use a macro to write the text file anyway you want.

Here are three sites that you could steal some code from:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

Chip Pearson's: