From: steeve on
I'm trying to tween some text in CS3 - it looks very jittery to me. I thought
Flash CS3 was supposed to be better at this than Flash MX??
here's what I did:
-I typed "RCCM NEWS" on the stage
-I converted it to a symbol
-Scaled the symbol on Frame 1 to 50%
-put a keyframe on Frame 30 at 100% scale
-Set it to tween
-changed the FPS to 30.

It looks pretty bad

Any insight?

thanks
Steven

From: steeve on
any takers?
From: steeve on
I'm still having trouble with this-- I'd think that simple text would tween perfectly

thanks

Steven
From: reformedman on
I know you have a frame one, but did you keyframe one?
Also, I would do things in this order in order to avoid corruption:
first set your keyframe one
then set your text on this keyframe and size according to what you want.
Set your animation fps at this point or prior. You don't want to continue
your animation before setting your fps or you will get corruption. One of the
first things you do before your second frame is created is set your fps.
set your next keyframe and begin your tween events.

From: dzedward on
"You don't want to continue your animation before setting your fps or you will
get corruption"
I have never experience that, ever.

"It looks pretty bad"
Yes, that is what you get when using the scale property.. since it's just
text, use the _width and _height property, it's still a tad bit jumpy, but not
as bad as scale. Use the Tween class to achieve this... in this example
"news_mc" is your movie clip. so give your movie clip an instance name of
news_mc or something else, just change it in the code. this transition will
happen in 1 second and will double the size.. you could pop in an _x and _y
transition as well to keep the MC at the same position.

import mx.transitions.easing.Strong;
import mx.transitions.Tween;

var tw:Tween = new Tween(news_mc, "_width", Strong.easeOut, news_mc._width,
news_mc._width*2, 1, true);
var tw:Tween = new Tween(news_mc, "_height", Strong.easeOut, news_mc._height,
news_mc._height*2, 1, true);