From: sebastico on
Access 2003.
Hello Forum
I have a contnuos Form with two textboxes (txtbox1, txtbox2). When I click
txtbox1 I would like it to display an instruction next to the txtbox telling
for example: "Enter or write the City Name". If possible not a MsgBox.

How could I get that? Or can anyone point me in the direction of some
documentation that might help me.

Many thanks

From: Jörn Bosse on
Am 07.06.2010 01:49, schrieb sebastico:
> Access 2003.
> Hello Forum
> I have a contnuos Form with two textboxes (txtbox1, txtbox2). When I click
> txtbox1 I would like it to display an instruction next to the txtbox telling
> for example: "Enter or write the City Name". If possible not a MsgBox.
>
> How could I get that? Or can anyone point me in the direction of some
> documentation that might help me.
>
> Many thanks

Hey,

you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.

Regards
Jörn Bosse
From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, J�rn Bosse <joernbosse(a)gmx.de> wrote:

>you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.

.... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Jörn Bosse on
Am 07.06.2010 02:14, schrieb John W. Vinson:
> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, J�rn Bosse<joernbosse(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>
> ... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
Well an other opportunity could be the ToolTip class by Stephen Lebans:

http://www.lebans.com/tooltip.htm
From: sebastico on

John

Excellent. Now my form provides an easy way to use.
Is there a way to increase the font size of the controltiptext?
"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse <joernbosse(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
> >If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>
> .... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last