From: Peter Olcott on

"Liviu" <lab2k1(a)gmail.c0m> wrote in message
> "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
>> This too is now moot. I don't use TextOut() to the
>> DialogBox,
>> instead I paint my memory bitmap to the DialogBox.
>
> Incidentally, the link I posted referred to bitmaps, but
> the techniques
> also apply to TextOut or any other custom drawing/painting
> functions.
>
> Liviu
>
> P.S. Don't forget to unselect the bitmap from the DC when
> done ;-)
>
> I had a longer reply at the time in the other thread, but
> it
> happened to fall among those "dropped" by msnews' in
> recent days...
>
> Anyway, in short, your wrong idea that "a CBitmap object
> has a default
> value of a single black monchrome pixel" and the
> insistence that "Joe

He later quoted it from a textbook that he was the author
of.

From: Peter Olcott on

"Liviu" <lab2k1(a)gmail.c0m> wrote in message
> "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
>> This too is now moot. I don't use TextOut() to the
>> DialogBox,
>> instead I paint my memory bitmap to the DialogBox.
>
> Incidentally, the link I posted referred to bitmaps, but
> the techniques
> also apply to TextOut or any other custom drawing/painting
> functions.
>
> Liviu
>
> P.S. Don't forget to unselect the bitmap from the DC when
> done ;-)
>
> I had a longer reply at the time in the other thread, but
> it
> happened to fall among those "dropped" by msnews' in
> recent days...
>
> Anyway, in short, your wrong idea that "a CBitmap object
> has a default
> value of a single black monchrome pixel" and the
> insistence that "Joe

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/msg/2aa003e71f5a1b38?hl=en
It is the CDC that has the default bitmap.

From: Liviu on

> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/msg/2aa003e71f5a1b38?hl=en
> It is the CDC that has the default bitmap.

The HDC, to be precise.

Anyway, that is very different from what you said, then misattributed
to Joe for having said. The distinction was the point of the exercise.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/tree/browse_frm/thread/c84953c13066a4f3/4b4e98102ea69979?hl=en&rnum=11&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fmicrosoft.public.vc.mfc%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Fc84953c13066a4f3%3Fhl%3Den%26#doc_4b4e98102ea69979

From: Peter Olcott on

> "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/msg/2aa003e71f5a1b38?hl=en
>> It is the CDC that has the default bitmap.
>
> The HDC, to be precise.
>
> Anyway, that is very different from what you said, then
> misattributed
> to Joe for having said. The distinction was the point of
> the exercise.
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/tree/browse_frm/thread/c84953c13066a4f3/4b4e98102ea69979?hl=en&rnum=11&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fmicrosoft.public.vc.mfc%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Fc84953c13066a4f3%3Fhl%3Den%26#doc_4b4e98102ea69979

Personally I really hate dealing with tedious little
details, the only reason that I can be good at software
development is my continued focus on the big picture gist of
things. This makes me very good at architectural (and other
levels of) design, and lousy at debugging someone else's
code.

I really can't stand debugging my own code, that is why I
take very extreme measures to prevent bugs from occurring in
the first place. I carefully design every single line of
code, and check the design many times before I even try to
compile it. Most of the code that I write mostly works the
first time with only the most trivial logic errors.

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
For all practical purposes, NONE. It is really bad style to write directly on a dialog
box.

If you want text on a dialog box, place a static control there and use SetWindowText to
tell it what to display.

Developing the style of writing directly to a dialog box surface will eventually uncover a
large set of problems, none of which you want to deal with.
joe

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:54:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote:

>What are the options for directly writing text to a
>DialogBox?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com