From: xun on
I followed the method to fix the problem.(Amazing...)

Add below 2 lines to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
65.54.239.80 messenger.hotmail.com
65.54.239.80 dp.msnmessenger.skadns.net

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings,

Remember to remove this in a few days. The IP addresses for Messenger regularly change and
since you're overriding normal DNS resolution with this, in the future you may not be able to
login.

It's fine to use for now, just remember to remove it.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

From: Lil Meow on
I would not recommend ANYONE start messing with the system files. This is a
problem caused at the Microsoft end...let them fix it is my policy. You can
still access the network using 7.5 and XP Windows Messenger so it is a bit
risky to start adding scripts to our own PC's...

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Hi,

There's no risk adding to the hosts file (which isn't a script) in this way. Go read up on
it.

The worse thing is that you'll block Messenger in the future, in which case you just remove
the added entries.

--

"Lil Meow" <LilMeow(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would not recommend ANYONE start messing with the system files. This is a
> problem caused at the Microsoft end...let them fix it is my policy. You can
> still access the network using 7.5 and XP Windows Messenger so it is a bit
> risky to start adding scripts to our own PC's...
>
> "xun" wrote:
>
>> I followed the method to fix the problem.(Amazing...)
>>
>> Add below 2 lines to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
>> 65.54.239.80 messenger.hotmail.com
>> 65.54.239.80 dp.msnmessenger.skadns.net

Pages: 1
Prev: .sqm File Extension