From: JeffM on
Amigo wrote:
>[...]Shotgun Microphone construction[...]
>A bit of googling led me to your site where [a scan] in PDF format
>of the original article resides.
>Thanks for taking the trouble
>to make articles like this available for posterity.

I note that Genome allowed his site's registration to lapse
and that, while some of the verbiage is accessible via archive.org,
all the graphics are long gone.

Same deal for the content of Reg Edwards' site after he passed.

Have any of the other older silverbacks
made plans for their content into the distant future?
From: Dave M on
JeffM wrote:
> Amigo wrote:
>> [...]Shotgun Microphone construction[...]
>> A bit of googling led me to your site where [a scan] in PDF format
>> of the original article resides.
>> Thanks for taking the trouble
>> to make articles like this available for posterity.
>>
> I note that Genome allowed his site's registration to lapse
> and that, while some of the verbiage is accessible via archive.org,
> all the graphics are long gone.
>
> Same deal for the content of Reg Edwards' site after he passed.
>
> Have any of the other older silverbacks
> made plans for their content into the distant future?

All of the software apps that Reg G4FGQ developed and made available to us
are still alive at http://www.zerobeat.net/G4FGQ/. A friend obtained the
right to keep them available to the public from Reg's daughter shortly after
his death.
Reg published a veritable plethora of amateur radio and RF related software
over the years. As a tribute to his expertise, thoroughness and accuracy,
I've never encountered a bug in any of the software that I've used.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net