From: Amigo on
I was lookinig for the Shotgun Microphone construction PDF and found it
wasn't where it used to be.

A bit of googling led me to your site where ascan in PDF format of the
original article resides.

Thanks for taking the trouble to make articles like this available for
posterity.

From: Jim Thompson on
On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 12:01:52 +1000, "Amigo"
<I_don't_want_spam(a)no_spam.com> wrote:

>I was lookinig for the Shotgun Microphone construction PDF and found it
>wasn't where it used to be.
>
>A bit of googling led me to your site where ascan in PDF format of the
>original article resides.
>
>Thanks for taking the trouble to make articles like this available for
>posterity.

You're quite welcome!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Phoenix, AZ, a city noted for many civic-oriented inventions such
as automated garbage collection, has added a new tool to its Fire
Department safety equipment... addressing problems with accidents
involving so-called Smart Cars: A Hydraulically Assisted Spatula.
From: Winston on
On 8/5/2010 8:13 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 12:01:52 +1000, "Amigo"
> <I_don't_want_spam(a)no_spam.com> wrote:
>
>> I was lookinig for the Shotgun Microphone construction PDF and found it
>> wasn't where it used to be.
>>
>> A bit of googling led me to your site where ascan in PDF format of the
>> original article resides.
>>
>> Thanks for taking the trouble to make articles like this available for
>> posterity.
>
> You're quite welcome!
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Cool!

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/ShotGunMike.pdf

--Winston
From: JW on
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:56:57 -0700 Winston <Winston(a)bigbrother.net> wrote
in Message id: <i3g15f01r98(a)news1.newsguy.com>:

>On 8/5/2010 8:13 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 12:01:52 +1000, "Amigo"
>> <I_don't_want_spam(a)no_spam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was lookinig for the Shotgun Microphone construction PDF and found it
>>> wasn't where it used to be.
>>>
>>> A bit of googling led me to your site where ascan in PDF format of the
>>> original article resides.
>>>
>>> Thanks for taking the trouble to make articles like this available for
>>> posterity.
>>
>> You're quite welcome!
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>
>Cool!
>
>http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/ShotGunMike.pdf

Wow - Lafayette part numbers! That name brings back some memories. Used to
love rooting around there as a kid.
From: GregS on
In article <4c5b6d12(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>, "Amigo" <I_don't_want_spam(a)no_spam.com> wrote:
>I was lookinig for the Shotgun Microphone construction PDF and found it
>wasn't where it used to be.
>
>A bit of googling led me to your site where ascan in PDF format of the
>original article resides.
>
>Thanks for taking the trouble to make articles like this available for
>posterity.

Too bad it does not really work.

What the mike does is amplify sounds by resonance, but there
is vertually no directionality. You need multiple in phase sounds
to get directionality. The shotgun mike only has separate
discrete sounds which do not combine in phase.

greg