From: Mihira Fernando on
On 08/07/2010 05:35 PM, David Touzeau wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I would like to thanks to the postfix users that answers me better
> than a professional support (who said that Open Source products have
> support problems ?).
> I would like to thanks to wietse that accomplish the best SMTP server
> used in the world.
> Postfix/weitse are now a part of the Internet History and participate
> actively of the Internet growth during this century.
>
> I use postfix for 4 years and I also wanted to participate in the
> postfix improvement, not to change the postfix code but helps newbees
> using postfix easly.
>
> My Open Source project is not totally finish but everybody can use it
> and test it.
>
> This project is called Artica and it's a web Ajax interface front-end
> for Postfix.
>
> My target is to provide a mail/relay Postfix service including all
> standards requests including :
>
> SMTP/MTA
> 95% of Postfix features.
> Postfix multiple instances support
> Queue monitoring.
> Postfix Events realtime monitor.
> Charts/Graphs statistics.
> Aliases, virtual alisases, virtual domains support.
>
> Users/Databases
> LDAP support
> Users support.
>
> Filters
> Full support of milter-greylist, Spamassassin,clamav, amavisd-new,
> SPF, DKIM
> SMTP backup on the fly support
> Quarantine support
> end-users quarantine support.
> SMTP Hacks / Iptables support.
>
> IMAP/POP3
> Cyrus-imap,Zarafa, imapsync,fetchmail support.
>

> Administration web
> Administrators delegations.
> End-users Interface including Roundcube,OpenGoo...
>
> I'm waiting the new 2.8 version in order to support new major weitse
> feature called "postcreen"
>
> You can download ISO that install for you a debian system in
> sourceforge here http://sourceforge.net/projects/artica-postfix/files/
>
> Or install yourself your distribution and download/execute a setup
> available here :
>
> http://www.artica.fr/index.php/get-a-download-artica/binaries-setup-all-distris
>

> Once again, many thanks and have a holidays
>
> Best regards

This looks very interesting. I assume that SASL backend is also using
cyrus ?
Can I suggest/request you add options for Dovecot IMAP and SASL backend
as well ?

Great work and all the best.

Mihira.

From: Jonathan Tripathy on

> Thanks!
>
> Perhaps you would consider linking to them on your web site ?
>
> I may have been overly harsh,
Yes, you were :)

Open Source software is, a lot of the time, provided out of the good of
peoples' hearts. You should be thankful that someone has gone to the
effort to code something, and released it free of charge. Go ask
Microsoft for the source code for Exchange...

> but I hardly ever see open source projects that have all the exterior
> hallmarks of being a commercial enterprise.
That's the joy of Open Source software, you don't need to be a big
commercial enterprise to contribute or be successful.

However, it is important to include, or offer source code though for
other GPL applications being included. But no reason to flame (unless he
refused of course, which he didn't).

Anyways, this project looks interesting, and anything that can help get
Postfix out there and replace some of the experience terrible mail
servers out there.

From: Charles Marcus on
On 8/7/2010 11:32 AM, Mihira Fernando wrote:
> This looks very interesting. I assume that SASL backend is also using
> cyrus ?
> Can I suggest/request you add options for Dovecot IMAP and SASL backend
> as well ?

+10

I only use dovecot, now and in the future...

> Great work and all the best.

Haven't tested it yet so can't say if it is great work or not, but I do
applaud you for contributing back your work! If dovecot support is
added, I'll be sure to give it a look...

Hmmm... oh, and as distasteful as it is, we also require support for
vacation message management, which also requires an end-user
restricted-access page for managing it...

--

Best regards,

Charles

From: David Touzeau on

On 07/08/2010 18:54, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 8/7/2010 11:32 AM, Mihira Fernando wrote:
>> This looks very interesting. I assume that SASL backend is also using
>> cyrus ?
>> Can I suggest/request you add options for Dovecot IMAP and SASL backend
>> as well ?
>
> +10
>
> I only use dovecot, now and in the future...
>
>> Great work and all the best.
>
> Haven't tested it yet so can't say if it is great work or not, but I do
> applaud you for contributing back your work! If dovecot support is
> added, I'll be sure to give it a look...
>
> Hmmm... oh, and as distasteful as it is, we also require support for
> vacation message management, which also requires an end-user
> restricted-access page for managing it...

Dovecot support is planned
There is already an end-uder restricted access and vacation message
without need a backend support.
It can be enabled only with postfix

From: Stan Hoeppner on
Charles Marcus put forth on 8/7/2010 11:54 AM:
> On 8/7/2010 11:32 AM, Mihira Fernando wrote:
>> This looks very interesting. I assume that SASL backend is also using
>> cyrus ?
>> Can I suggest/request you add options for Dovecot IMAP and SASL backend
>> as well ?
>
> +10

+100

Postfix/Dovecot is a very popular and performant combination these days, and
is becoming ever more popular. If you ignore support for this user base it
will surely limit adoption of your tools.

--
Stan