From: Magnetic on
I give 50% probability that CERN will explode the Earth in a couple
of
weeks. The 30-th of March it will collide protons with the energy
2*3.5 TeV.
The 30-th of March is the most probable day of Dangerous Droplet
creation.
The 1-st of April is the most probable day of our total start to
stars.

From: Steve Pope on
Magnetic <magnetic.trap(a)yandex.ua> wrote:

> I give 50% probability that CERN will explode the Earth in
> a couple of weeks.

But under a multiverse hypothesis, we would never know it did.
70% of physicists believe in some version of multiverse theory.

Steve
From: Richard Tobin on
In article <02d4e730-8c9d-4f21-9f73-ce777ae717b5(a)g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
Magnetic <magnetic.trap(a)yandex.ua> wrote:
>I give 50% probability that CERN will explode the Earth in a couple
>of weeks

.... again.

-- Richard
From: PD on
On Mar 17, 1:42 pm, rich...(a)cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Richard Tobin) wrote:
> In article <02d4e730-8c9d-4f21-9f73-ce777ae71...(a)g11g2000yqe.googlegroups..com>,
>
> Magnetic  <magnetic.t...(a)yandex.ua> wrote:
> >I give 50% probability that CERN will explode the Earth in a couple
> >of weeks
>
> ... again.

He is looking for reassurances that the coin he is tossing has no
tails side. He lives in fear of the coin coming up tails, and he wants
either the coin to be two-headed or to take the coin out of someone
else's hand.

From: Francis Burton on
In article <hnr6ku$6ci$1(a)blue.rahul.net>,
Steve Pope <spope33(a)speedymail.org> wrote:
>> I give 50% probability that CERN will explode the Earth in
>> a couple of weeks.
>
>But under a multiverse hypothesis, we would never know it did.
>70% of physicists believe in some version of multiverse theory.

At least in this universe. In another, it's only 20%.

Francis