From: Sam Wormley on
On 3/17/10 11:48 AM, Magnetic wrote:
> I give 50% probability that CERN will explode the Earth in a couple
> of
> weeks. The 30-th of March it will collide protons with the energy
> 2*3.5 TeV.
> The 30-th of March is the most probable day of Dangerous Droplet
> creation.
> The 1-st of April is the most probable day of our total start to
> stars.

Your statistical track record should be telling you something!
From: Richard Dobson on
On 18/03/2010 08:27, Magnetic wrote:
..

> I give 50% probability that CERN will explode the Earth in a couple of
> weeks. The 30-th of March it will collide protons with the energy
> 2*3.5 TeV.
> The 30-th of March is the most probable day of Dangerous Droplet
> creation.
> The 1-st of April is the most probable day of our total start to
> stars.

OK, let's cut to the chase here: this is a question of odds - let's say,
2 to 1. How about this - a wager? Demonstrate in hard cash the strength
of your conviction. Sadly I have no money at all, but if I did it would
run as follows: if the world does blow up, I would endeavor to send you
$500. If it does not, you undertake to send me $1000. Or �1000,
whichever is the greater. Do you think that would be a good bet from
your point of view? Ladbroke's, or any similarly gargantuan bookie, may
offer even better odds "against". If the world does blow up, they would
send you a ~lot~ of money; but if it doesn't, you must be prepared to
send the same doubled, so I can celebrate the non-end-of-the-world with
as many people as possible. You can pay me via PayPal.

Let's nominate April 1st as "World Survival Day" and have a global party!

Richard Dobson