From: Ahem A Rivet's Shot on
On 16 Apr 10 10:28:55 -0800
"Charlie Gibbs" <cgibbs(a)kltpzyxm.invalid> wrote:

> My theory of bloatware points not at the government, but at Bill
> Gates - who is actually a Martian. Back in the '60s, when we were
> enjoying an surge of technological innovation the likes of which
> has never been seen before or since, the Martians observed that
> at that rate we'd soon explode into space (thank you, Steppenwolf)
> and start bothering them in their own back yard. So they sent one
> of their own to Earth to do something about it. It worked; even
> though everyone has on his desk a computer with more than the
> combined power of all the computers used to put a man on the
> Moon, nobody is going to the Moon anymore. They're all too busy
> re-installing Windows and keeping antivirus programs up to date.

Nah it's all being done by the hyper-intelligent entity that will
soon evolve out of the internet and all the poorly secured PCs on it which
is exerting influence back through time to ensure it's own existence by
creating a demand for machines that are far more powerful than they need to
be to do their putative jobs and connected together with far more bandwidth
than is required for the actual information being transferred.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith | Directable Mirror Arrays
C:>WIN | A better way to focus the sun
From: Charlie Gibbs on
In article <20100416231849.d33077e9.steveo(a)eircom.net>,
steveo(a)eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot) writes:

> On 16 Apr 10 10:28:55 -0800
> "Charlie Gibbs" <cgibbs(a)kltpzyxm.invalid> wrote:
>
>> My theory of bloatware points not at the government, but at Bill
>> Gates - who is actually a Martian. Back in the '60s, when we were
>> enjoying an surge of technological innovation the likes of which
>> has never been seen before or since, the Martians observed that
>> at that rate we'd soon explode into space (thank you, Steppenwolf)
>> and start bothering them in their own back yard. So they sent one
>> of their own to Earth to do something about it. It worked; even
>> though everyone has on his desk a computer with more than the
>> combined power of all the computers used to put a man on the
>> Moon, nobody is going to the Moon anymore. They're all too busy
>> re-installing Windows and keeping antivirus programs up to date.
>
> Nah it's all being done by the hyper-intelligent entity that
> will soon evolve out of the internet and all the poorly secured PCs
> on it which is exerting influence back through time to ensure it's
> own existence by creating a demand for machines that are far more
> powerful than they need to be to do their putative jobs and connected
> together with far more bandwidth than is required for the actual
> information being transferred.

That sounds much more interesting than just saying "pr0n". :-)

On the other hand, every now and then I re-read Harlan Ellison's
"I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream"... <shudder>

--
/~\ cgibbs(a)kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)

From: Esra Sdrawkcab on
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 00:18:49 +0200, Ahem A Rivet's Shot
<steveo(a)eircom.net> wrote:

> On 16 Apr 10 10:28:55 -0800
> "Charlie Gibbs" <cgibbs(a)kltpzyxm.invalid> wrote:
>
>> My theory of bloatware points not at the government, but at Bill
>> Gates - who is actually a Martian. Back in the '60s, when we were
>> enjoying an surge of technological innovation the likes of which
>> has never been seen before or since, the Martians observed that
>> at that rate we'd soon explode into space (thank you, Steppenwolf)
>> and start bothering them in their own back yard. So they sent one
>> of their own to Earth to do something about it. It worked; even
>> though everyone has on his desk a computer with more than the
>> combined power of all the computers used to put a man on the
>> Moon, nobody is going to the Moon anymore. They're all too busy
>> re-installing Windows and keeping antivirus programs up to date.
>
> Nah it's all being done by the hyper-intelligent entity that will
> soon evolve out of the internet and all the poorly secured PCs on it
> which
> is exerting influence back through time to ensure it's own existence by
> creating a demand for machines that are far more powerful than they need
> be to do their putative jobs and connected together with far more
> bandwidth
> than is required for the actual information being transferred.

YA chanelling Don Stockbauer AICM5 copies of GEB

Oops we're not in the shed now, toto!

[FUP to sheds]

--
Nuns! Nuns! Reverse