From: Troy Piggins on
* Better Info wrote :
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:47:54 +1000, Troy Piggins <usenet-0911(a)piggo.com>
> wrote:
>
> [---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 69 lines snipped |=---]
>>either obvious or wasted space, I wouldn't be left with much
>>inside the covers.
>>
>>I'm just starting the Lightroom book, but initial flick through
>>looks like it goes into much more detail, which is what I want.
>
> Should have just downloaded them from alt.binaries.e-books.technical
> instead of wasting all that expense and time.
>
> They are both often uploaded, along with many other PS tutorial and tips
> books. None of which are worth buying. I've browsed or read large parts of
> the PDF versions, then promptly deleted them. Those useless 30 or 50 megs
> were wasting valuable terabyte drive space. Photography instructional books
> are written by failed photographers.

Thanks for your thoughts. I have a couple of blanket statements
like that too.

"Piracy is stealing."

"Anonymous posts on USENET are made by people too afraid to take
responsibility for their words."

"The harshest criticisms on USENET come from failed
photographers."

--
Troy Piggins
From: Troy Piggins on
* Better Info wrote :
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 01:08:45 -0500, tony cooper
> <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Better Info <binfo(a)someisp.net>
>
> I have no need to try to pawn off bad photography bounded in an
> instructional book to try to make all that wasted time and effort with a
> camera worth it. My photography stands on its own merit. I don't have to
> trick anyone into buying it.

What if everyone was downloading your photography for free off
binary groups when you were trying to sell it?

PS - I didn't pay to see his photography, I paid for his
photoshop expertise. I just reckon I didn't get all of it.

--
Troy Piggins
From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
Better Info <binfo(a)someisp.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:33:35 +1000, Troy Piggins <usenet-0911(a)piggo.com>

>>What if everyone was downloading your photography for free off
>>binary groups when you were trying to sell it?

> Then I stop selling it publicly, just as I have for that very reason.

What do we need to do so that you stop posting "publicly"?

I guess nothing will work, since you never did any photography
in first place ...

-Wolfgang