From: Y.Porat on
On Jan 18, 7:47 pm, Shubee <e.shu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 1:00 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The only diffraction gratings I see in the science education catalogs
> > > that I know about, Nasco, Fisher Scientific, Carolina Science and
> > > Math, have 100's of lines per mm. What company sells a diffraction
> > > grating for a standard double slit experiment?

> > > That's too much trouble.
>
> > Really? It takes an hour and is cheap.
>
> > > I want to buy an optimized double slit for
> > > the typical red laser light pen. Where can I get it?
>
> > The ones with hundreds of lines per mm ARE optimized for the typical
> > red laser pen. Buy those.
> > Seriously, here's how you tell.
> > Red light has a wavelength of 650 nm, which is about half a thousandth
> > of a mm.
> > The angle in radians between the central and first side spots is
> > roughly the ratio of the wavelength to the line spacing.
> > So if you have a line spacing of a half a hundredth of a mm, then you
> > will have an angle of about a tenth of a radian or five degrees.
>
> > You haven't checked Edmund Scientific, Wards, or any of a number of
> > scientific *toy* catalogs that school teachers use. The good news is
> > that this is used in 4th grade classes sometimes, so you'll find
> > plenty if you stop looking in professional grade catalogs.
>
> > > Here's a great video on the double slit experiment using pencil leads,
> > > but I suspect that the presenter, Jack Maxwell, is using a powerful
> > > laser and who knows how long he had to play with it in front of the
> > > camera to get it right. Time is valuable to me. I certainly don't want
> > > to waste time fiddling around during a physics lecture.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UANVMIajqlA
>
> Thank you Paul but there is still a mystery that I don't understand.
>
> If the double slit experiment is the central mystery of physics, why
> is it that no one manufactures a precisely crafted single double slit
> that is optimized for the very popular low-power red laser light pen?
>
> As you know, Richard P. Feynman said:
>
> “We choose to examine a phenomenon which is impossible, absolutely
> impossible, to explain in any classical way, and which has in it the
> heart of quantum mechanics. In reality, it contains the only
> mystery.”
>
> As I see it, creating a diffraction pattern with a diffraction grading
> that has hundreds of lines per mm doesn't seem so mysterious.

------------------
the mystry is only becuase of ignorance!!
QM peoole pose as if they know andunderstand
everything by their crippled supermarket theory
AND IN MANY CASES WRONG INTERPRETATIONS !!

it starts with the illusion that we know really
what is a photon
and worse of that
WhaT IS REALLY * A SINGLE PHOTON*

i claim that :

A a single photon is not represented by
hf
(nature does not know what is a second!!...
a second is a human arbitrary definition of time !!.)

hf represents MANY SINGLE PHOTONS !!!!!

ATB
Y.Porat
-------------
From: PD on
On Jan 19, 2:52 am, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 7:47 pm, Shubee <e.shu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Really? It takes an hour and is cheap.

> > > The ones with hundreds of lines per mm ARE optimized for the typical
> > > red laser pen. Buy those.
> > > Seriously, here's how you tell.
> > > Red light has a wavelength of 650 nm, which is about half a thousandth
> > > of a mm.
> > > The angle in radians between the central and first side spots is
> > > roughly the ratio of the wavelength to the line spacing.
> > > So if you have a line spacing of a half a hundredth of a mm, then you
> > > will have an angle of about a tenth of a radian or five degrees.
>
> > > You haven't checked Edmund Scientific, Wards, or any of a number of
> > > scientific *toy* catalogs that school teachers use. The good news is
> > > that this is used in 4th grade classes sometimes, so you'll find
> > > plenty if you stop looking in professional grade catalogs.

> > Thank you Paul but there is still a mystery that I don't understand.
>
> > If the double slit experiment is the central mystery of physics, why
> > is it that no one manufactures a precisely crafted single double slit
> > that is optimized for the very popular low-power red laser light pen?
>
> > As you know, Richard P. Feynman said:
>
> > “We choose to examine a phenomenon which is impossible, absolutely
> > impossible, to explain in any classical way, and which has in it the
> > heart of quantum mechanics. In reality, it contains the only
> > mystery.”
>
> > As I see it, creating a diffraction pattern with a diffraction grading
> > that has hundreds of lines per mm doesn't seem so mysterious.
>
> ------------------
> the mystry is only becuase of ignorance!!
> QM peoole pose as if they know andunderstand
> everything by their crippled supermarket theory
> AND IN MANY CASES    WRONG INTERPRETATIONS !!
>
> it starts with the illusion  that we know really
> what is a photon
> and worse of that
> WhaT IS REALLY * A  SINGLE PHOTON*
>
> i claim that  :
>
> A a single photon is not represented by
> hf
> (nature does not know what is a second!!...
> a second is a human arbitrary definition of time !!.)
>
> hf represents  MANY SINGLE PHOTONS !!!!!

Ever seen a photomultiplier tube?

From: Y.Porat on
On Jan 19, 6:08 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2:52 am, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Thank you Paul but there is still a mystery that I don't understand.
>
> > > If the double slit experiment is the central mystery of physics, why
> > > is it that no one manufactures a precisely crafted single double slit
> > > that is optimized for the very popular low-power red laser light pen?
>
> > > As you know, Richard P. Feynman said:
>
> > > “We choose to examine a phenomenon which is impossible, absolutely
> > > impossible, to explain in any classical way, and which has in it the
> > > heart of quantum mechanics. In reality, it contains the only
> > > mystery.”
>
> > > As I see it, creating a diffraction pattern with a diffraction grading
> > > that has hundreds of lines per mm doesn't seem so mysterious.
>
> > ------------------
> > the mystry is only becuase of ignorance!!
> > QM peoole pose as if they know andunderstand
> > everything by their crippled supermarket theory
> > AND IN MANY CASES    WRONG INTERPRETATIONS !!
>
> > it starts with the illusion  that we know really
> > what is a photon
> > and worse of that
> > WhaT IS REALLY * A  SINGLE PHOTON*
>
> > i claim that  :
>
> > A a single photon is not represented by
> > hf
> > (nature does not know what is a second!!...
> > a second is a human arbitrary definition of time !!.)
>
> > hf represents  MANY SINGLE PHOTONS !!!!!
>
> Ever seen a photomultiplier tube?
>

> > ATB
> > Y.Porat
> > -------------

no
so what about it ??
anyway
i am sure that the real **single photon is so tiny
that it has no chance to make ant mark]

on a screen
y.porat
----------------------

From: PD on
On Jan 19, 10:22 am, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 19, 6:08 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > ------------------
> > > the mystry is only becuase of ignorance!!
> > > QM peoole pose as if they know andunderstand
> > > everything by their crippled supermarket theory
> > > AND IN MANY CASES    WRONG INTERPRETATIONS !!
>
> > > it starts with the illusion  that we know really
> > > what is a photon
> > > and worse of that
> > > WhaT IS REALLY * A  SINGLE PHOTON*
>
> > > i claim that  :
>
> > > A a single photon is not represented by
> > > hf
> > > (nature does not know what is a second!!...
> > > a second is a human arbitrary definition of time !!.)
>
> > > hf represents  MANY SINGLE PHOTONS !!!!!
>
> > Ever seen a photomultiplier tube?
>
> > > ATB
> > > Y.Porat
> > > -------------
>
> no
> so what about it ??
> anyway
> i am sure that the real **single photon is so tiny
> that it has no chance to make ant mark]

Then you certainly haven't seen a photomultiplier tube.
Single photons are easily detected.

From: Y.Porat on
On Jan 19, 6:57 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 19, 10:22 am, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Ever seen a photomultiplier tube?

> > no
> > so what about it ??
> > anyway
> > i am sure that the real **single photon is so tiny
> > that it has no chance to make ant mark]
>
> Then you certainly haven't seen a photomultiplier tube.
> Single photons are easily detected.
>

> > on a screen
> > y.porat
> > ----------------------

just tell me how do you know
waht is a single photon

why on earth it is defined
BY NATURE by the energy that is emitted in one second
what does nature know about your
second
why not nanosecond why not billion times smaller than a
nanosecond ???
Y.Porat