From: Anand on
Hi John this is Anand from india .I am facing some problem in Employe training Session.

Aleks A had asked you same problem you replied him at the last you asked him for details.But i want all details i that i want do it in the designer.The Question and answer of both as below .Please help me

QUS:Don't know if this is the correct forum to post this in, so bare with me.
I've installed The Employee Training Scheduling and Materials WSS 3.0
template and everything is work OK, except for one problem. When a user
decides to unregister from the course, it does not update the available
seating. So in other words, when a user registers, it subtracts 1 from the
available seats, when a user cancels or unregisters from the course, it
doesn't add 1 to available seats. So if you have 15 people who registered,
and 5 left (or unregistered), you have 0 available seats; so when someone
leaves, this creates an opening, which noone can utilize, because the course
would not allow the empty seats to be filled, as it does not update the
count when the users unregister. Is there a fix for it? Can someone maybe
able to assist me with this problem?
ANS:I just fixed it on my installation. You need to update the 'attendee
unregistration' workflow in SP Designer to subtract 1 from
'FilledSeats' which is used to calculate the 'Available Seats' field
(total seats - filled seats = available seats).

What I did was open the 'attendee unregistration' workflow, then added
2 actions above the 'Delete item in Registrations' action) as follows:

1) Calculate new number of filled seats (current filled seats minus 1,
output to a variable)
2) Set the 'Filled Seats' field of the appropriate course with that
output variable

I can provide more details if you need them...

John Belkevich wrote:

I just fixed it on my installation.
19-Jun-07

I just fixed it on my installation. You need to update the 'attendee
unregistration' workflow in SP Designer to subtract 1 from
'FilledSeats' which is used to calculate the 'Available Seats' field
(total seats - filled seats = available seats).

What I did was open the 'attendee unregistration' workflow, then added
2 actions above the 'Delete item in Registrations' action) as follows:

1) Calculate new number of filled seats (current filled seats minus 1,
output to a variable)
2) Set the 'Filled Seats' field of the appropriate course with that
output variable

I can provide more details if you need them...

On Jun 15, 2:10 pm, "Aleks A." <b...(a)nullmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, June 15, 2007 2:10 PM
Aleks A. wrote:

The Employee Training Scheduling and Materials Template Issues
Don't know if this is the correct forum to post this in, so bare with me.
I've installed The Employee Training Scheduling and Materials WSS 3.0
template and everything is work OK, except for one problem. When a user
decides to unregister from the course, it does not update the available
seating. So in other words, when a user registers, it subtracts 1 from the
available seats, when a user cancels or unregisters from the course, it
doesn't add 1 to available seats. So if you have 15 people who registered,
and 5 left (or unregistered), you have 0 available seats; so when someone
leaves, this creates an opening, which noone can utilize, because the course
would not allow the empty seats to be filled, as it does not update the
count when the users unregister. Is there a fix for it? Can someone maybe
able to assist me with this problem?

Thank you!

---
Aleks A.

On Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:13 PM
John Belkevich wrote:

I just fixed it on my installation.
I just fixed it on my installation. You need to update the 'attendee
unregistration' workflow in SP Designer to subtract 1 from
'FilledSeats' which is used to calculate the 'Available Seats' field
(total seats - filled seats = available seats).

What I did was open the 'attendee unregistration' workflow, then added
2 actions above the 'Delete item in Registrations' action) as follows:

1) Calculate new number of filled seats (current filled seats minus 1,
output to a variable)
2) Set the 'Filled Seats' field of the appropriate course with that
output variable

I can provide more details if you need them...

On Jun 15, 2:10 pm, "Aleks A." <b...(a)nullmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:26 PM
Aleks A wrote:

Thanks for the great advice John.
Thanks for the great advice John. I've made the appropriate changes and now
it works as it should. I encountered another bug in the template though,
where a user registers for multiple courses, but when he/she decides to
unregister from the homage page, under "courses I'm attending", all the
remove links have the same id in the query string. Clicking on remove link
next to a course, doesn't necessarily remove the appropriate course from the
list (in other words, it doesn't unregister you from the desired course).
This also happens, with multiple applicants, where clicking a 'remove' link,
would unregister somebody else from another course. I've checked the XSL,
and I've found this link:

<a
href="Lists/Registrations/Unregister.aspx?ID={../../../Registrations/Rows/Row/@ID}">Remove</a>

now is there something that I need to change here, for the appropriate ID to
show up?

You can email me directly: bulk AT nullmail DOT com

Thanks.

"John Belkevich" wrote:

On Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:17 PM
John Belkevich wrote:

Through some experimenting, I found that it seems to remove the oldest
Through some experimenting, I found that it seems to remove the oldest
registration. It is definitely an issue with the XSL of the 'Courses I
am attending' webpart.... The code for the link to remove is just
plugging in the ID off of the first row it returns from 'Registrations'.
It is not getting its information from the dataset that is used to
populate the rest of the table...

Haven't found it yet though...

Aleks A. wrote:

On Monday, July 02, 2007 3:30 PM
John Belkevich wrote:

I figured it out...
I figured it out...

You need to add one line above the remove link you found, then change
the remove link parameter as follows:

Add this line above the link:
<xsl:variable name="CourseID" select="@ID"/>

Change the parameter of the remove link (after the ID=) to read:
{../../../Registrations/Rows//Row[@Course_x0020_ID=$CourseID and
contains(@Author, $UserID)]/@ID}

I have verified this on my test server, so I am confident it works, but
let me know how you make out.
HTH,
John

John Belkevich wrote:

BOOK REVIEW: Effective C#, Second Edition [Addison Wesley]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b2f8766d-a4c1-4d5a-97af-c38852b3b455/book-review-effective-c.aspx