From: LD5SZRA on

Microsoft will close the newsgroups but like everything on this
planet, there is always a way to do the same thing in the same
way. For example, I am able to read forums in my Mozilla
newsreader (but you can use anything like OE, WLM or anything you
may think of). The only thing you need is NNTP Bridge from your
tried and tested source - MICROSOFT. The link is here:

<http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/content/content.aspx?ContentID=13820>

Microsoft likes using connectors for almost everything these days
- Outlook Connector, NNTP Connector, next you will get Office
Connector and SQL Server Connector! It is all about connectors
connectors and more connectors

HTH

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
cf. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

From: Michael on
Q: How is Microsoft closing newsgroups in phases?

A: Microsoft is posting notices in newsgroups that will be closed well in
advance of closure dates. We will begin with newsgroups with the least
active number of users and posts, and by mid-2010, will move to more active
newsgroups that have a higher volume of posts and users.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Mr Baracuda on
They don't care about ignorant people, they care about people who know
computers very well and keep
exposing the horrible mistakes that are included in vista....

From: Mr Baracuda on
translation: we do not support freedom of speech, will will construct a
gestapo platform which we can control the posts
according to our limited and twisted beliefs