From: Zach Beane on
Robert Uhl <eadmund42(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> writes:

> I kinda wish he were still on cll--right now I'm wrestling with an
> error-recovery strategy and suspect that he'd have had some good ideas
> on how to implement it.

Up until his death, even though he didn't post to cll, he was always
very responsive to email and IRC questions.
From: Nicolas Neuss on
Ron Garret <rNOSPAMon(a)flownet.com> writes:

> In article <m3ockt9zrk.fsf(a)latakia.octopodial-chrome.com>,
> Robert Uhl <eadmund42(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Zach Beane <xach(a)xach.com> writes:
>>
>> > I created a site with 5,121 of Erik Naggum's comp.lang.lisp articles:
>> >
>> > http://www.xach.com/naggum/articles/
>> >
>> > I hope you find it useful.
>>
>> I'm slowly digging through it...there's some good stuff in there.
>>
>> I kinda wish he were still on cll--right now I'm wrestling with an
>> error-recovery strategy and suspect that he'd have had some good ideas
>> on how to implement it.
>
> Why don't you tell us about it? Someone other than Erik might have a
> good idea too. Stranger things have happened.

Agreed. I think chances are still very good to get useful information
by asking here.

Nicolas

From: namekuseijin on
On Jan 13, 1:05 am, Zach Beane <x...(a)xach.com> wrote:
> I created a site with 5,121 of Erik Naggum's comp.lang.lisp articles:
>
>  http://www.xach.com/naggum/articles/
>
> I hope you find it useful.

from troll to usenet legend... ^^;
From: Harald Hanche-Olsen on
+ namekuseijin <namekuseijin(a)gmail.com>:

> On Jan 13, 1:05�am, Zach Beane <x...(a)xach.com> wrote:
>> I created a site with 5,121 of Erik Naggum's comp.lang.lisp articles:
>>
>> �http://www.xach.com/naggum/articles/
>>
>> I hope you find it useful.
>
> from troll to usenet legend... ^^;

Erik was too complex to be dismissed as a mere troll. His contributions
were many and substantial. It is true that he pissed off hordes of
people, and frequently found himself at the center of prolonged and
intense flamewars. I very much doubt that anything useful can result
from a discussion of his conduct in these flamewars, so I will prefer
that we put that issue aside. But if you concentrate on the good stuff
there is plenty to be found.

--
* Harald Hanche-Olsen <URL:http://www.math.ntnu.no/~hanche/>
-- Bertrand Russell
From: Frederic Brunel on
Zach Beane <xach(a)xach.com> writes:

> I created a site with 5,121 of Erik Naggum's comp.lang.lisp articles:

Thank you. It's a great idea. I always wanted to read all his posts (I
missed a lot).