From: Stuart Reicher on
I just shutdown my old server which was the operations master. I have not
demoted it or removed it from AD yet. When it is shutdown I can no longer
add mailboxes using the EMC. I also can't hide mailboxes either. I get this
error
Microsoft Exchange Error
The following error(s) occurred while saving changes:

set-mailbox
Failed
Error:
The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be
because of an address list or email address policy configuration error.

If I reboot it everything is fine. Any suggestions. I have already checked
the address lists, server roles, public folders, and updated the default
policy to 2007.

Anything that I missed???

From: John Fullbright on
Well, I'd say the old server was a GC. Look at the event ID 2080s in your
app log since you shut down the old server. Are there any other GCs?
Doesn't sound like it.