From: Haywood JaBlowme on
I've never really had any interest in the look of my blog but now that
the Jon Banquer blog is so successful and has so much content it's not
like I really have any choice so I'm going to put the time and effort
into finally making the Jon Banquer blog look nice. I've already
started cleaning up the look and feel.

http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/

2010 is going to be the year that many more machinists / CADCAM
programmers figure out that direct modeling is a much better and a
much smarter choice than history based modeling and it's my intention
to devote time to these new tools that I feel will replace history
based modeling tools like SolidWorks, Pro-E, etc.

It will be interesting to see if SpaceClaim and Solid Edge with ST can
stay at the front of this technology. It will also be interesting to
see if old products like Cadkey now KeyCreator and CoCreate can be
successfully retooled to offer the kind of productive user interface
that SpaceClaim has with its Push/Pull/Move concept of modeling.
Already, CoCreate has started to try and implement a good part of what
SpaceClaim offers. Unfortunately it doesn't look anywhere near as
clean to me when I view the upcoming release videos on You Tube.

It's only a matter of time before many more job shops realize that
history based modeling isn't the right tool and that more powerful
direct modeling tools represent the future while history based
modeling represent a dead end.

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/
From: vinny on

"Haywood JaBlowme" <haywoodjablowme3(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've never really had any interest in the look of my blog but now that
> the Jon Banquer blog is so successful and has so much content it's not
> like I really have any choice so I'm going to put the time and effort
> into finally making the Jon Banquer blog look nice. I've already
> started cleaning up the look and feel.
>
> http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/
>
> 2010 is going to be the year that many more machinists / CADCAM
> programmers figure out that direct modeling is a much better and a
> much smarter choice than history based modeling and it's my intention
> to devote time to these new tools that I feel will replace history
> based modeling tools like SolidWorks, Pro-E, etc.
>
> It will be interesting to see if SpaceClaim and Solid Edge with ST can
> stay at the front of this technology. It will also be interesting to
> see if old products like Cadkey now KeyCreator and CoCreate can be
> successfully retooled to offer the kind of productive user interface
> that SpaceClaim has with its Push/Pull/Move concept of modeling.
> Already, CoCreate has started to try and implement a good part of what
> SpaceClaim offers. Unfortunately it doesn't look anywhere near as
> clean to me when I view the upcoming release videos on You Tube.
>
> It's only a matter of time before many more job shops realize that
> history based modeling isn't the right tool and that more powerful
> direct modeling tools represent the future while history based
> modeling represent a dead end.
>

> Jon Banquer
> San Diego, CA
> http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/

I went to your blog.
Typical www content, opinionated and one sided.
Nothing but generalizations.

Video killed the radio star, and the web killed the internet.

From: jonbanquer on
On Sep 21, 12:24 am, Haywood JaBlowme <haywoodjablow...(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I've never really had any interest in the look of my blog but now that
> the Jon Banquer blog is so successful and has so much content it's not
> like I really have any choice so I'm going to put the time and effort
> into finally making the Jon Banquer blog look nice. I've already
> started cleaning up the look and feel.

Well, in hindsight, let me just say I'm sorry, THAT WAS A LIE ! I
know you guys just keep going to my site and hitting the "F5" key to
refresh the site so that it ups my hit count but I just can't admit it
to myself. I wanna feel important.

The real reason I'm trying to clean it up is because you guys keep
making fun of it and saying it looks like a 3rd grader put it
together. Of course, I just can't admit that and its just easier for
me to lie about it like I do about everything else.

If you want to see what I've done to the REAL Jon Banquer Blog, click
below. Its now officially "published".

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

http://jonbanqueer.wordpress.com/

From: Joe788 on
On Sep 20, 9:24 pm, Haywood JaBlowme <haywoodjablow...(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:
> I've never really had any interest in the look of my blog but now that
> the Jon Banquer blog is so successful and has so much content it's not
> like I really have any choice so I'm going to put the time and effort
> into finally making the Jon Banquer blog look nice. I've already
> started cleaning up the look and feel.
>
> http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/
>
> 2010 is going to be the year that many more machinists / CADCAM
> programmers figure out that direct modeling is a much better and a
> much smarter choice than history based modeling and it's my intention
> to devote time to these new tools that I feel will replace history
> based modeling tools like SolidWorks, Pro-E, etc.
>
> It will be interesting to see if SpaceClaim and Solid Edge with ST can
> stay at the front of this technology. It will also be interesting to
> see if old products like Cadkey now KeyCreator and CoCreate can be
> successfully retooled to offer the kind of productive user interface
> that SpaceClaim has with its Push/Pull/Move concept of modeling.
> Already, CoCreate has started to try and implement a good part of what
> SpaceClaim offers. Unfortunately it doesn't look anywhere near as
> clean to me when I view the upcoming release videos on You Tube.
>
> It's only a matter of time before many more job shops realize that
> history based modeling isn't the right tool and that more powerful
> direct modeling tools represent the future while history based
> modeling represent a dead end.
>
> Jon Banquer
> San Diego, CAhttp://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/

"but now that the Jon Banquer blog is so successful and has so much
content "

Now *that* is funny stuff right there. 50 hits in a week, and Jon
thinks he has a "successful" blog. Now that your definition of
"success" has been clearly outlined, I can see why you would define
your current situation in life as "successful".

From: Stupendous Man on

>Now *that* is funny stuff right there. 50 hits in a week, and Jon
>thinks he has a "successful" blog. Now that your definition of
>"success" has been clearly outlined, I can see why you would define
>your current situation in life as "successful".

People like to look at car crashes and the mentally challenged, too.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Screw and nut animation
Next: Add-in activation