From: socratus on
The Lorentz transformation, Minkowski space.
===========.
The Galilean transformation belongs to each inertial frame.
The Galilean transformation fails to preserve Maxwell's equations.
Why the Galilean transformation useless in the Maxwell's equations?
Because Maxwell's equations ( Lorentz transformations)
don’t belong to inertial frames.
Because Maxwell's equations ( Lorentz transformations)
belong to another reference frame. Which?
What are Lorentz transformations?
Of course, now everybody thinks that difference between
these two math equations (conceptions) lies only in
speed’s distinction.
Such understanding leads to all kinds of confusions.
#
What is Lorentz transformation?
The Lorentz transformation describes transformation
of all particle’s physical parameters in the time of transition
from one inertial frame to some kind of another reference frame.
Is this ‘another reference frame’ inertial?
No. Why?
In 1905 Poincare wrote that the Lorentz transformation creates
math group, which conforms of arise turning- point in the space,
which we call now 4D Minkowski space.
Again.
The Lorentz transformation describes the event in Minkowski space.
This math group describes rotation ( something that has three
dimensions parameters) in the 4D Minkowski space.
The Lorentz transformation describes only the transformations
( rotation) of particle in the 4D Minkowski space.
#
Many physicists, including George FitzGerald, Joseph Larmor,
Hendrik Lorentz and Woldemar Voigt, had been discussing
the physics behind these equations since 1887.
Larmor and Lorentz, who believed the luminiferous ether hypothesis,
were seeking the transformation under which Maxwell's equations
were invariant when transformed from the ether to a moving frame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_transformation
#
In this rotation Maxwell's equations ( Lorentz transformations)
change the homogenous and isotropic structure of Aether.
Maxwell's equations ( Lorentz transformations) create new
spherical reference frame.
#
Early in 1889, Oliver Heaviside had shown from Maxwell's equations
that the electric field surrounding a spherical distribution of
charge
should cease to have spherical symmetry once the charge is in motion
relative to the ether.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_transformation
#
Of course, only I as a layman, can think that Lorentz
transformation which creates math group in 4D Minkowski
space describes the behavior of real particle- photon/ electron.
In the books is written that this is only math trick, which
philosophically absurd and doesn’t have any real physical sense.
#
Now consider that Minkowski space is a good description in an
infinitesimally small region surrounding any point
( barring gravitational singularities).
The structure of Minkowski space doesn’t have gravity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minkowski_space
#
In my opinion the Universe ( as a whole) doesn’t have gravity.
The detected material mass of the matter in the Universe is so small
(the average density of all substance in the Universe is approximately
p=10^-30 g/sm^3) that it cannot ‘close’ the Universe into sphere
and
therefore our Universe as whole is ‘open’, flat , endless Vacuum.

Therefore the 4D Minkowski metric is applied to the Universe as a
whole.
And the General Relativity only applies in a local flat 4D Minkowski
space.
=========.
Best wishes.
Israel Sadovnik Socratus
===============.
From: Tom Roberts on
socratus wrote:
> The Galilean transformation belongs to each inertial frame.

No. Not even close. A given Galilean transform relates the inertial coordinates
of one frame to those of another frame -- it inherently relates TWO frames and
cannot "belong" to either.

> The Galilean transformation fails to preserve Maxwell's equations.
> Why the Galilean transformation useless in the Maxwell's equations?

Because Galilean transforms are not very good models of the world we inhabit.
Maxwell's equations (plus related equations and definitions) are a pretty good
model of electromagnetic phenomena in the classical domain.

> [... lots of similar nonsense]

You are VERY confused about what these words and concepts mean. You need to
LEARN something about the subject before attempting to write about it.

Tom Roberts