From: Garrett Smith on
Hi Everybody,

What is your most challenging interview question?

Mine:
"What do you think of jQuery?"
--
Garrett
From: Ry Nohryb on
On May 7, 9:27 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> What is your most challenging interview question?
>
> Mine:
> "What do you think of jQuery?"

A: It's a library that attempts to provide a better browser API.
--
Jorge.
From: David Mark on
Garrett Smith wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> What is your most challenging interview question?
>
> Mine:
> "What do you think of jQuery?"

A. I try not to.

If I still went to job interviews (thank God I'm past that at this
stage), I'd dread the "What's your favorite JS library" standard. Uh,
mine? I don't think that would work with a typical HR type. They'd
probably Google it and say "aw, UR just jealous coz..." :)
From: David Mark on
Ry Nohryb wrote:
> On May 7, 9:27 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Everybody,
>>
>> What is your most challenging interview question?
>>
>> Mine:
>> "What do you think of jQuery?"
>
> A: It's a library that attempts to provide a better browser API.

Attempted and failed (miserably). Have you looked at their API? It's
not just the innards that stink with that thing, the crust is garbage
too. Or was that supposed to be a disingenuous answer?
From: Ry Nohryb on
On May 7, 10:17 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ry Nohryb wrote:
> > On May 7, 9:27 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Everybody,
>
> >> What is your most challenging interview question?
>
> >> Mine:
> >> "What do you think of jQuery?"
>
> > A: It's a library that attempts to provide a better browser API.
>
> Attempted and failed (miserably).  Have you looked at their API?  It's
> not just the innards that stink with that thing, the crust is garbage
> too.  Or was that supposed to be a disingenuous answer?

It's the truth, and a very diplomatic way of putting it, imo.
--
Jorge.