From: Gordon Liao Gordon on
Hi Fuc,

I also get the same problem, and already fix it.
The Barcode reader I use is Symbol MC3090.

It must be conflict between your program and DataWedge.
DataWedge is Symbol software for scanning data, and it will initialize the
reader.
The program you write is already including the SMDK, and it will also
initialize the reader.
The error SCAN_SetReaderParams will show because the reader is initialized
twice.

You have to remove DataWedge :
1.There is an triangle icon on the task bar at the bottom of desktop. Click
it and choose Exit.
2.Delete the DataWedge.run file under [My Device/Application/Startup] folder.

Gordon Liao
From: davidwellan on
On Jul 21, 10:07 am, Gordon Liao <Gordon
L...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Fuc,
>
> I also get the same problem, and already fix it.
> TheBarcodereader I use isSymbolMC3090.
>
> It must be conflict between your program and DataWedge.
> DataWedge isSymbolsoftware for scanning data, and it will initialize the
> reader.
> The program you write is already including the SMDK, and it will also
> initialize the reader.
> The error SCAN_SetReaderParams will show because the reader is initialized
> twice.
>
> You have to remove DataWedge :
> 1.There is an triangle icon on the task bar at the bottom of desktop. Click
> it and choose Exit.
> 2.Delete the DataWedge.run file under [My Device/Application/Startup] folder.
>
> Gordon Liao

Hi,

I'm having the same problems running the symbol barcode library on a
MC50.

The application is running in VB.Net 2003 and I get an application
error at: SCANNING._MYREADER.ACTIONS.ENABLE()

In their sample apps, let alone my own app!

I have been using the scanwedge, but wanted to use the library
approach.

Do you have any ideas?

I have made sure the beam is off and the scanwedge utility is not
running.

Help!

David Wellan