From: Vicki L. on
I am having a similar problem. I also have a Dell. I have an Emerson VCR
and a Plextor PX-M402U video device. I have not problems on other video
editing software, but get the "The Video Device is Currentlyin Use close any
other device that is in use and try again".

I am very frustrated. Can anyone help me?

--
Vicki L.

From: decoder on

"Vicki L." <VickiL(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a similar problem. I also have a Dell. I have an Emerson VCR
> and a Plextor PX-M402U video device. I have not problems on other video
> editing software, but get the "The Video Device is Currentlyin Use close
> any
> other device that is in use and try again".
>

> I am very frustrated. Can anyone help me?
>
>> is nothing else in use.
> --
> Vicki L.

The Plaxtor is a hardware USB capture device.
If the error message of "the device is currently in
use" is from WMM, it's because WMM is unable
to capture via these type of devices.

If the error message is from the Plextors supplied
capture software it could one of two reasons.
a) A resource conflict, IRQ
http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Upgrade%20Card%20Manufacturers.htm
This site has some tips, ie deleting all USB's in
device manager, and then reinstalling etc, also
Updating the BIOS.

b) Your Plextor may benefit from software patches
or flashing it's firmware with an update:
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/ConvertX2specifications.htm

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Burning a DVD