From: Phoenix on
I was having trouble with eternal-september today and went looking
around for alternatives and found mention that aioe was back up. It's
nntp.aioe.org now, and it works but it's kinda weird; when I tried
to reply to one of G'bo's posts I got something like "error 441:
banned domain in body" so I had to not quote; very strange.
Don't know if it will work next time or keep working but I thought
I'd let folks know.
From: Phoenix on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 01:09:48 GMT, Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> I think it doesn't like any addresses, like what would be in the
header,
> and sig. I think that server is limited to some small number of
posts you
> can send through it in a day. Something like five or ten.

> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo

Yeah, I remember reading something like that. But eternal-september
has been hanging like crazy on me today; unless it's something in my
phone's newsgroup prog.
Any other freebies carry these NGs I can try?
From: Sue Morton on
Yes as G'Bo wrote, the alphabet server (aioe) is sensitive to content as
well as some small number of posts.

Eternal September hasn't been up at all today for me, every time I try
to access it, it times out.

Another freebie with good uptime is telesweet http://news.telesweet.net/
which G'Bo or somebody here (Bob F?) found and shared with us sometime
back.

I keep all three set up and ready, but I definitely use Eternal
September the most.

YMMV...
--
Sue Morton

From: Phoenix on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:27:55 -0700, "Sue Morton"
<867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote:
> Yes as G'Bo wrote, the alphabet server (aioe) is sensitive to
content as
> well as some small number of posts.

> Eternal September hasn't been up at all today for me, every time I
try
> to access it, it times out.

> Another freebie with good uptime is telesweet
http://news.telesweet.net/
> which G'Bo or somebody here (Bob F?) found and shared with us
sometime
> back.

> I keep all three set up and ready, but I definitely use Eternal
> September the most.

> YMMV...
> --
> Sue Morton

> "Phoenix" <fake(a)fakeemail.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah, I remember reading something like that. But
eternal-september
> > has been hanging like crazy on me today; unless it's something
in my
> > phone's newsgroup prog. Any other freebies carry these NGs I can
try?

Thanks, Sue. The nuisance of the Usenet app I'm presently using on
my Droid is it can only hold settings for one server at a time--a
PITA, but there isn't much else out there for Droid yet and the
others are too buggy.
I may have to resort to Google groups if this keeps up.

Pages: 1
Prev: Sue Morton ASAP
Next: snafu'd by Mogami spkr cord