From: LaVerna on
I'm working on a database for commission payments and want to know what's the
best way for me to set up a payment schedule. I have several different types
of commissions and the payment scheduling varies depending on the type. For
example:

Type 1 - One payment, due within 2 months of submission
Type 2 - One payment, due within 2 months after 3rd invoice is billed
Type 3 - 1st payment due within 2 months of submission; 2nd payment due
within 2 months of live date
Type 4 - 1st payment due within 2 months of submission; 2nd payment due
within 2 months after 3rd invoice is billed; and 3rd payment due within 2
months after 12th invoice is billed
Type 5 - 1st payment due within 2 months after 1st invoice is billed;
subsequent payments due every anniversary (number of payments are contingent
upon the number of years in the contract)

I have in my "commission" table fields to be able to calculate the timing of
when payments are due, such as:

SubmissionDate
LiveDate
FirstInvoiceDate
ContractTerm

Since payment due dates are based on several different factors and not so
"recurring" in nature, I figured that I would create a query for each
commission type, but I'm wondering if that's smart or if there's a more
efficient way of doing this. I also looked at the Cartesian Product query
and I'm not sure if that will help considering all of the different variants
involved.

LaVerna