From: Mayayana on
luser. dummy. dufus.

I hope you don't face the same disdain next
time you undertake something as a beginner.

From: Tony Toews on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:53:29 -0400, "Mayayana"
<mayayana(a)invalid.nospam> wrote:

>luser. dummy. dufus.
>
> I hope you don't face the same disdain next
>time you undertake something as a beginner.

I was going to post something similar. Newbies exist who don't
understand what is going on That's life. A common thing we see in
the Access newsgroups, who have a lot of newbies compared to the VB6
newsgroups, are people who know what they want to do but don't know
the terminology to start searching for it. Furthermore it's very
difficult now for folks to do decent searching in Google to focus on
good set of forums/newsgroups.

Tony

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Mayayana" <mayayana(a)invalid.nospam> wrote in message
: luser. dummy. dufus.
:
: I hope you don't face the same disdain next
: time you undertake something as a beginner.

I have, and I did. But you know what I learned? Do a little research and
use the common sense you were born with (I realize for 99.9% of the world's
population, that's a stretch).

Example, in January I moved into a house whose bathroom needed a serious
remodeling. Never having worked with powertools, plumbing, wood, etc I
learned everything I needed to know through research and some basic trial
and error. If I had questions, I asked my step dad using very specific
language, examples and knowledge gained through that research...and not the
dopey "it don't work" statements I am plauged with on a daily basis.

It takes a real rocket scientist to know that the two terms
"eternal-september" and "support" has nothing to do with computer support.
The big red flag of course the lack of the word "computer". I mean, c'mon.

Dee had it right, Eternal September lives on.

And FTR, I'm not the only one who picks on the incompetence of Joe
Luser...wo why are ya singling me out? Not that I really give a damn about
your personal opinion of me...I just find it a little convenient you want to
tangle with me in particular.

From: C. Kevin Provance on
Yeah, that's what I thought. Hit and run. Man up next time, or keep it to
yourself.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk! Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!
"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote in message
:
: "Mayayana" <mayayana(a)invalid.nospam> wrote in message
: news:hve8tv$50p$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
:: luser. dummy. dufus.
::

From: Mayayana on
| Yeah, that's what I thought. Hit and run. Man up next time, or keep it
| yourself.

I'm not interested in "tangling" with you. That was
my point. Is there really any good reason to always
come out swinging? Is there something to win?

You were right that we can all easily fall into being
mean-spirited. And it serves no one. That's all.