From: Michael Cole on
I'm trying to get a copy of the Fawcette VSM 05/2002 article by Dan
Fergus on basically how to compile an app with the debug symbols on in
order to get a stack trace, and it seems to be unavailable on the
internet at Fawcette.

Does anyone know how I get a hold of it, or has anyone got the similar
information that I am looking for?

--
Regards,

Michael Cole

--
Michael Cole

From: MM on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:40:39 +1000, Michael Cole
<invalid(a)microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to get a copy of the Fawcette VSM 05/2002 article by Dan
>Fergus on basically how to compile an app with the debug symbols on in
>order to get a stack trace, and it seems to be unavailable on the
>internet at Fawcette.
>
>Does anyone know how I get a hold of it, or has anyone got the similar
>information that I am looking for?
>
>--
>Regards,
>
>Michael Cole

Well, I've just tried - for 20 minutes! - to locate that article, but
no joy, I'm afraid. Its whereabouts are more obscure than Dubya's
brain. I even tried the Wayback Machine, but the links lead nowhere.
There are very many articles by others that *refer* to "Get Debug Info
From Production Apps", but the link given is the same one each time,
which, as you've found, leads to a dead end.

Your only hope is either to contact the VSM editorial team and ask
whether their archive still has it, or maybe Karl Peterson has an
archived copy. In the days of Visual Basic Programmer's Journal (VBPJ)
I received a CD-ROM each month. Maybe VSM was also issued on CD-ROM to
subscribers?

MM
From: C. Kevin Provance on

:
: >I'm trying to get a copy of the Fawcette VSM 05/2002 article by Dan
: >Fergus on basically how to compile an app with the debug symbols on in
: >order to get a stack trace, and it seems to be unavailable on the
: >internet at Fawcette.
: >
: >Does anyone know how I get a hold of it, or has anyone got the similar
: >information that I am looking for?
: >
: >--
: >Regards,
: >
: >Michael Cole
:
: Well, I've just tried - for 20 minutes! - to locate that article, but
: no joy, I'm afraid. Its whereabouts are more obscure than Dubya's
: brain. I even tried the Wayback Machine, but the links lead nowhere.
: There are very many articles by others that *refer* to "Get Debug Info
: From Production Apps", but the link given is the same one each time,
: which, as you've found, leads to a dead end.
:
: Your only hope is either to contact the VSM editorial team and ask
: whether their archive still has it, or maybe Karl Peterson has an
: archived copy. In the days of Visual Basic Programmer's Journal (VBPJ)
: I received a CD-ROM each month. Maybe VSM was also issued on CD-ROM to
: subscribers?

I have a copy of it here (as well).

kevin (dot) provance (at) gmail (dot) com

Send me a message and I'll send you back a copy of the article.

From: MM on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 06:44:09 -0400, "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:

>"MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>: On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:40:39 +1000, Michael Cole
>: <invalid(a)microsoft.com> wrote:
>:
>: >I'm trying to get a copy of the Fawcette VSM 05/2002 article by Dan
>: >Fergus on basically how to compile an app with the debug symbols on in
>: >order to get a stack trace, and it seems to be unavailable on the
>: >internet at Fawcette.
>: >
>: >Does anyone know how I get a hold of it, or has anyone got the similar
>: >information that I am looking for?
>: >
>: >--
>: >Regards,
>: >
>: >Michael Cole
>:
>: Well, I've just tried - for 20 minutes! - to locate that article, but
>: no joy, I'm afraid. Its whereabouts are more obscure than Dubya's
>: brain. I even tried the Wayback Machine, but the links lead nowhere.
>: There are very many articles by others that *refer* to "Get Debug Info
>: From Production Apps", but the link given is the same one each time,
>: which, as you've found, leads to a dead end.
>:
>: Your only hope is either to contact the VSM editorial team and ask
>: whether their archive still has it, or maybe Karl Peterson has an
>: archived copy. In the days of Visual Basic Programmer's Journal (VBPJ)
>: I received a CD-ROM each month. Maybe VSM was also issued on CD-ROM to
>: subscribers?
>
>I have a copy of it here (as well).
>
>kevin (dot) provance (at) gmail (dot) com
>
>Send me a message and I'll send you back a copy of the article.

Hopefully Michael Cole will be back to read your reply. (He was the OP
who was requesting a link to the article.) My CD-ROMs of VBPJ cease in
2000. I have them going back to 1997 and a great source of still
useful knowledge is available in there. Were there VSM CDs later than
that?

MM
From: C. Kevin Provance on

:
: Hopefully Michael Cole will be back to read your reply. (He was the OP
: who was requesting a link to the article.) My CD-ROMs of VBPJ cease in
: 2000. I have them going back to 1997 and a great source of still
: useful knowledge is available in there. Were there VSM CDs later than
: that?

Not sure, to be honest. I have 97-05, aquired through "back channels". You
just gotta know where to look, or whom to ask. <g>