From: Don Stockbauer on
On Apr 9, 6:03 am, "Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr."
<ostap_bender_1...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 5:34 am, Link <marty.musa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 8, 3:03 am, "Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr."
>
> > <ostap_bender_1...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > You are way too brilliant for me.
>
> > Thank you for the compliment, but I insist I am not.
>
> > I am just saying, trying to make a simple point about ciphers, that,
> > by assuming knowledge of the key and acting on it, this is the best
> > way to decrypt. The numbers of times letters repeat in three letters
> > being two, as in the beginning three letters of elephant is a great
> > start.
>
> > The word elephant does not actually have to be there. Any of the below
> > representations could be the word elephant.
>
> >  E L E P H A N T
>
> >  M A M O C D T O
>
> >  T O T I A B C D
>
> > The point is you have letter 1, followed by letter 2, then letter 1
> > again, followed by a continues four unique letters different from the
> > first three spaces occupied by the first two characters.
>
> That's brilliant. Unfortunately for you, the string "ERELATER" does
> NOT satisfy your condition. Hint: it has three occurrences of letter
> "E".
>
> > Try this method to any language cipher and you may find it is
> > effective.
>
> Thank you. Next time I need to decipher what my little daughter writes
> to her little sister - I will.

Better off to work towards creating a world where ciphers aren't
needed.
From: purple on
On 4/12/2010 6:33 AM, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Apr 9, 6:03 am, "Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr."
> <ostap_bender_1...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 8, 5:34 am, Link<marty.musa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thank you for the compliment, but I insist I am not.
>>
>>> I am just saying, trying to make a simple point about ciphers, that,
>>> by assuming knowledge of the key and acting on it, this is the best
>>> way to decrypt. The numbers of times letters repeat in three letters
>>> being two, as in the beginning three letters of elephant is a great
>>> start.
>>
>>> The word elephant does not actually have to be there. Any of the below
>>> representations could be the word elephant.
>>
>>> E L E P H A N T
>>
>>> M A M O C D T O
>>
>>> T O T I A B C D
>>
>>> The point is you have letter 1, followed by letter 2, then letter 1
>>> again, followed by a continues four unique letters different from the
>>> first three spaces occupied by the first two characters.
>>
>> That's brilliant. Unfortunately for you, the string "ERELATER" does
>> NOT satisfy your condition. Hint: it has three occurrences of letter
>> "E".
>>
>>> Try this method to any language cipher and you may find it is
>>> effective.
>>
>> Thank you. Next time I need to decipher what my little daughter writes
>> to her little sister - I will.
>
> Better off to work towards creating a world where ciphers aren't
> needed.

When Garfield becomes president your wish will come true!
From: Steve Thompson on
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 09:44:59AM -0500, purple wrote:
> On 4/12/2010 6:33 AM, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> >On Apr 9, 6:03 am, "Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr."
> ><ostap_bender_1...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> >>That's brilliant. Unfortunately for you, the string "ERELATER" does
> >>NOT satisfy your condition. Hint: it has three occurrences of letter
> >>"E".

> >>Thank you. Next time I need to decipher what my little daughter writes
> >>to her little sister - I will.
> >
> >Better off to work towards creating a world where ciphers aren't
> >needed.
>
> When Garfield becomes president your wish will come true!

Let's make everything out of plastic, like Lego -- maybe allow some
structural candy-floss just for variety. That will be a good
environment for a world without crypto.

Regards,

Steve

--

Toads, fuzzy widdle bunnies, penguins, gnus, bats, snakes, camels,
dogs, cats -- the list goes on and on and on. What is it about

From: Ostap Bender on
On Apr 12, 7:44 am, purple <pur...(a)colorme.com> wrote:
> On 4/12/2010 6:33 AM, Don Stockbauer wrote:
>

> > On Apr 9, 6:03 am, "Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr."
> > <ostap_bender_1...(a)hotmail.com>  wrote:

> >> That's brilliant. Unfortunately for you, the string "ERELATER" does
> >> NOT satisfy your condition. Hint: it has three occurrences of letter
> >> "E".

> >> Thank you. Next time I need to decipher what my little daughter writes
> >> to her little sister - I will.
>
> > Better off to work towards creating a world where ciphers aren't
> > needed.
>
> When Garfield becomes president your wish will come true!

That's already happened:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_A._Garfield

James Abram Garfield (November 19, 1831 – September 19, 1881) was the
20th President of the United States.
From: purple on
On 4/14/2010 6:38 PM, Ostap Bender wrote:
> On Apr 12, 7:44 am, purple<pur...(a)colorme.com> wrote:
>> On 4/12/2010 6:33 AM, Don Stockbauer wrote:

>>> Better off to work towards creating a world where ciphers aren't
>>> needed.
>>
>> When Garfield becomes president your wish will come true!
>
> That's already happened:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_A._Garfield
>
> James Abram Garfield (November 19, 1831 � September 19, 1881) was the
> 20th President of the United States.

Wrong Garfield.

http://www.garfield.com/