From: Jon Peltier on
Technically correct. The newsgroups will continue to exist on other news
servers. But the newsgroups have been in decline for some time, at least
in terms of posting volume. I think we'll see the same decline in these
groups as we saw in the three-dot
microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions group.

It's too bad, because the web forums are less efficient than the
newsgroups (following the pattern established by the conversion from
Office 2003 to 2007), and poorly conceived and implemented.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

From: Jef Gorbach on
On May 31, 3:04 pm, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebr...(a)kabelfoon.nl> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Today is a sad day because tomorrow MS will close the Excel newsgroups.
> I want to say that I hade a great time in the Excel groups the last years..
>
> Sharing knowledge is a great thing
>
> After tomorrow we must use the MS forums and I hope it will
> give me the same fun as I hade with the newsgroups.
>
> Maybe this page will help you if you start using the MS Forums and not like the web interfacehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/nntpbridge.htm
>
> Thanks everybody for everything, see you in the MS Forums
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

speaking of the "new" forum ... where the heck is it?? numerous
searches have found lots of product links, references to already
replied questions, but nothing like "our" simple Q&A list format here
which is what I'm seeking - or is the "improvement" a scattered
shotgun approach without any centralized list of recently posted Q&A?
From: T. Valko on
>is the "improvement" a scattered shotgun approach
>without any centralized list of recently posted Q&A?

Yes, it's pretty much scattered around!

Here's a link for the Office applications and for Windows operating systems
and a few odds and ends.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Jef Gorbach on
On Jun 1, 9:50 pm, "T. Valko" <biffinp...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >is the "improvement" a scattered shotgun approach
> >without any centralized list of recently posted Q&A?
>
> Yes, it's pretty much scattered around!
>
> Here's a link for the Office applications and for Windows operating systems
> and a few odds and ends.
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP

Anyway to find Today's questions relating to VBA in Excel?

OTOH looks like Google at least is maintaining this newsgroup
regardless of Msft's intent so wont really matter as long as WE (and
google/usenet) refuse to budge lol
From: T. Valko on
>Anyway to find Today's questions relating to VBA in Excel?

The ngs seem to be still "operating" as usual so far today. So you can just
look at the Programming ng.

The new forums don't have a category dedicated to just VBA for Excel.
There's a general category for VBA for Office:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeprog/threads

--

On Jun 1, 9:50 pm, "T. Valko" <biffinp...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >is the "improvement" a scattered shotgun approach
> >without any centralized list of recently posted Q&A?
>
> Yes, it's pretty much scattered around!
>
> Here's a link for the Office applications and for Windows operating
> systems
> and a few odds and ends.
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP

Anyway to find Today's questions relating to VBA in Excel?

OTOH looks like Google at least is maintaining this newsgroup
regardless of Msft's intent so wont really matter as long as WE (and
google/usenet) refuse to budge lol

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Can't rework the formula