From: valls on
In a recent thread we established that
“Centre of mass inertial frames are the unique ones in 1905
Relativity”
http://groups.google.com.cu/group/sci.physics.relativity/browse_frm/thread/0c8501991104d36c?hl=es#
We can’t have two (or more) of them at the same time, because the
bodies belonging to all of them determine a unique centre of mass
inertial frame. As a result, in 1905 Relativity the moving system (MS)
can be only a body (or subset) belonging to the body set of the unique
inertial frame (the stationary system). The MS can be moving with any
velocity compatible with the same laws valid in every inertial frame,
not being then in general an inertial one. See the example at the end
of paragraph 4 of the 30Jun1905 Einstein’s paper (rotating Earth).
From: Daryl McCullough on
valls(a)icmf.inf.cu says...

>In a recent thread we established that
> Centre of mass inertial frames are the unique ones in 1905
>Relativity

There is nothing in the development of relativity that in any
way depends on a frame being defined by a center of mass. That's
completely barking up the wrong tree.

--
Daryl McCullough
Ithaca, NY

From: valls on
On 30 jun, 15:13, stevendaryl3...(a)yahoo.com (Daryl McCullough) wrote:
> va...(a)icmf.inf.cu says...
>

> >In a recent thread we established that
> > Centre of mass inertial frames are the unique ones in 1905
> >Relativity
>
> There is nothing in the development of relativity that in any
> way depends on a frame being defined by a center of mass. That's
> completely barking up the wrong tree.
>
> --
> Daryl McCullough
> Ithaca, NY

I will answer you with the same initial post of the referred thread:
[Let be any body set with a material point modelling each one. If we
want to describe the movements of the bodies in an inertial frame, we
have a unique alternative: to use the centre of mass inertial frame
corresponding to that body set. Once the Newton’s absolute frame is
rejected by 1905 Einstein (and then rejected also all the others
moving with any uniform velocity with respect to it), remain only the
bodies themselves to determine inertial frames.]
Explain to us how can you determine an inertial frame once the
absolute Newtonian one is rejected by 1905 Einstein(and with it all
the others imaginary derived ones with all possible uniform velocities
with respect to it).

RVHG (Rafael Valls Hidalgo-Gato)
From: BURT on
On Jun 30, 1:31 pm, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
> On 30 jun, 15:13, stevendaryl3...(a)yahoo.com (Daryl McCullough) wrote:
>
> > va...(a)icmf.inf.cu says...
>
> > >In a recent thread we established that
> > > Centre of mass inertial frames are the unique ones in 1905
> > >Relativity
>
> > There is nothing in the development of relativity that in any
> > way depends on a frame being defined by a center of mass. That's
> > completely barking up the wrong tree.
>
> > --
> > Daryl McCullough
> > Ithaca, NY
>
> I will answer you with the same initial post of the referred thread:
> [Let be any body set with a material point modelling each one. If we
> want to describe the movements of the bodies in an inertial frame, we
> have a unique alternative: to use the centre of mass inertial frame
> corresponding to that body set. Once the Newton’s absolute frame is
> rejected by 1905 Einstein (and then rejected also all the others
> moving with any uniform velocity with respect to it), remain only the
> bodies themselves to determine inertial frames.]
> Explain to us how can you determine an inertial frame once the
> absolute Newtonian one  is rejected by 1905 Einstein(and with it all
> the others imaginary derived ones with all possible uniform velocities
> with respect to it).
>
> RVHG (Rafael Valls Hidalgo-Gato)

If something begins to move and is weighted it sees an opposite motion
of things around it with the weight in that direction. When the Earth
turns the Sun crosses the sky in the opposite direction. This is
relative motion. And weight for motion is resistance to change in
motion.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Daryl McCullough on
valls(a)icmf.inf.cu says...

>Explain to us how can you determine an inertial frame once the
>absolute Newtonian one is rejected by 1905 Einstein(and with it all
>the others imaginary derived ones with all possible uniform velocities
>with respect to it).

First of all, you need to be able to distinguish constant velocity
motion from accelerated motion. There are several different ways of
doing this. One way is to use an accelerometer. Basically, an accelerometer
is just a mass on a spring. If the spring is in its equilibrium position,
then the accelerometer is not accelerating (at least not in the direction
of the length of the spring). Another alternative approach is to set
up a coordinate system inside a closed box by partitioning the box up
into identical tiny cubes. If the box is not accelerating, then light
will travel in straight lines relative to the box's coordinate system.
Otherwise, it will travel along a curved path. The third approach is
just to use the fact that an object will not accelerate unless it is
acted upon by an external force. If you have eliminated all known forces
acting on the objects, then it's a good bet that they will be unaccelerated.

So if you can determine that an object is unaccelerated, then you can
set up an inertial coordinate system as follows: (for simplicity, let's
just discuss a single dimension, the x-axis)

Get a collection of many identical clocks. Move them until they are
spread out in a straight line. (You can tell that it is a straight
line because light travels in straight lines). Make sure that all
clocks are traveling along unaccelerated paths. Pick one clock to
be your reference, and then make sure that all other clocks are at
rest relative to this clock. How do you do that? Well, you can use
light signals to measure the distances between clocks: send a light
signal from one clock to the other and then back to the first.
Measure the time required for a round trip. Do this a second time.
If both clocks are unaccelerated, and you do this measurement twice,
and you get the same answer both times, then the clocks are at rest
relative to one another. You adjust the speeds of all clocks until
they are at rest relative to the reference clock. To compute the
distances between clocks, you just use the formula:

cT = 2D

where D is the distance between clocks at rest relative to one
another, T is the round-trip time for a light signal, and c is
the speed of light.

Now, you have to synchronize the clocks. You do this using
light signals again. When the reference clock shows time t_1,
send a light signal towards another clock. When the light signal
reaches the second clock, set that clock to time t_1 + D/c, where
D is the distance between that clock and the reference clock,
computed earlier. Do this to synchronize all the clocks with
respect to the reference clock.

After synchronizing, we have a coordinate system: For any
event e, you compute the coordinates of e as follows:
x = the distance from the reference clock to the closest
clock to event e. t = the time shown on that clock when
e occurs. This of course only gives coordinates approximately,
so you have to interpolate to get more fine-grained coordinates
associated with events.

--
Daryl McCullough
Ithaca, NY