From: Waldy on
How can I delete some rows from a database when I get the above error?

It is a simple delete from table where column = value type statement.

From: Waldy on
"dave ballantyne" <symlink(a)nospammeever.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Seems like a fix here, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/945896

I just installed that, but it made no difference.

From: Waldy on
> In that case, please post the query and DDL

Hi Dave,
it's not a query. It's just a simple delete statement

delete from table where column = value

There are about a dozen foreign keys and the same number of constraints on
the table. I can only guess that it's something to do with that.

From: Waldy on
Is there any way to turn off query optimization?

From: Gert-Jan Strik on
Waldy wrote:

> How can I delete some rows from a database when I get the above error?
>
> It is a simple delete from table where column = value type statement.

Have you checked that "table" is actually a table and not a view?

Do you get a query plan (and not an error) if you change "delete" to
"SELECT *"?

--
Gert-Jan
SQL Server MVP