From: WhytheQ on
Hello,

(my first post to this group so please expect some vagueness!!)

I'd like to be able to find out who created certain tables - if it was
me then I know I can delete the table.
We are using SQL Server 2005.

Can't see anything in the table properties - wondering if this info is
stored somewhere?

Any help much appreciated

Jason
From: Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP] on
No, SQL Server does not track this information. You can track it yourself
going forward, using a DDL trigger...

From: Alex Kuznetsov on
On Nov 11, 6:33 am, WhytheQ <Whyt...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (my first post to this group so please expect some vagueness!!)
>
> I'd like to be able to find out who created certain tables - if it was
> me then I know I can delete the table.
> We are using SQL Server 2005.
>
> Can't see anything in the table properties - wondering if this info is
> stored somewhere?
>
> Any help much appreciated
>
> Jason

The best practice is to use only deployment scripts checked into
source control to create/alter/drop objects, and to have rollback
scripts for every deployment too. Once you adhere to this policy, you
can simply search thru your deployment scripts.