From: Nick Pullar on
Hi there

First question, so please be gentle.

I have created a database in Access 2007, which all works really well.
However, for some of my queries, when I run them, give me the error in the
title. In some of my queries the error comes up once, other queries the
error occurs up to seven times.

I have deleted the fields one by one to see which fields cause the error (as
there are some lookups in the tables) and the error can be caused by both the
lookup fields, as well as other fields with no lookups.

I have checked the ListRows property for all the Lookup fields in the query,
and in all cases the setting is the default of 16.

There are some queries with lookups which do not generate the error.

The error is number 2144, but is not much discussed elsewhere on the web.

Many thanks for your help.
From: Klatuu on
I don't know if that is as 2007 bug or not because I haven't tried 2007 yet;
however, avoid the use of lookup tables in any version.

--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Rick Brandt on
Klatuu wrote:
> I don't know if that is as 2007 bug or not because I haven't tried
> 2007 yet; however, avoid the use of lookup tables in any version.

Assuming here that you meant "lookup fields IN tables". Lookup tables are found
in just about every database of any complexity.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...