From: Nina Harris on
would some kind person point me in the right direction on an "Unknown
device" on a Thinkpad T23

it shows in properties as "Intel(R) 82801CAM LPC Interface Controller -
248C" but I can not seem to located the proper driver for it

this condition exists in three(3) operating systems, 3 T23 laptops, XP Pro,
Win 2003 and Win 2000
(yes, you can run Windows 2003 just fine on Thinkpad T23)

I've installed the IBM "C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\PkgMgr.exe" and it
supposedly has no more recommendations for this Thinkpad or new software to
configure

what is this "LPC Interface controller" ?

From: Quaoar on
Nina Harris wrote:
> would some kind person point me in the right direction on an "Unknown
> device" on a Thinkpad T23
>
> it shows in properties as "Intel(R) 82801CAM LPC Interface Controller
> - 248C" but I can not seem to located the proper driver for it
>
> this condition exists in three(3) operating systems, 3 T23 laptops,
> XP Pro, Win 2003 and Win 2000
> (yes, you can run Windows 2003 just fine on Thinkpad T23)
>
> I've installed the IBM "C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\PkgMgr.exe"
> and it supposedly has no more recommendations for this Thinkpad or
> new software to configure
>
> what is this "LPC Interface controller" ?

LPC is Legacy PC Interface or ISA Interface. It probably has no effect
if installed or not. You can go to Intel and download the chipset
identification utility, and then for the identified chipset obtain the
Intel chipset drivers which should take care of the issue. The chipset
likely 845MP/MZ.