From: trocin on
Hi,
How can i brake bios password in HP Omnibook 4150?
System hash code 03954.os.
Thanks
Artur

From: kat on
Hello
I had the same problem with one I bought off Ebay. I hear from a
customer with a similar unit that removing the regular battery and cmos
battery will do the trick. I have seen a 3/8 in batt on the rear of
the chassis near the LCD cable contact and the light array. It looks
like a battery. It may require a cut and snip operation. I SHOULD have
gotten a Thinkpad but I got the drives and a battery for free so I
shouldn't complain.

If you do try it solder carefully
KAT

From: Barry Watzman on
I'd be absolutely shocked if removing the battery will reset the password.

From: BillW50 on

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:33:32 GMT

I'd be absolutely shocked if removing the battery will reset the
password.

Not the main battery, but the tiny RTC/BIOS battery will reset the BIOS
(Setup) back to stock (default) condition. As the BIOS settings
including the password needs this battery to keep the password and the
clock running. Disconnecting this battery, the memory won't last and it
will just forget everything. Thus when you boot up the computer and the
BIOS finds the stored memory is gone, it loads in the defaults.

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

From: Barry Watzman on
I understood what you said, but I have not seen a laptop since a mid
1990's Compaq 486 that didn't store it's passwords in a flash EEROM,
which is non-volatile, and which will not be cleared by removing any
battery.

That's even true for my Zenith 386 Z-Note's from about 1992.

I think you are being fed some bum information.